• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter

GaWx is the closest to the location, of anybody on here, that I know of! But he's a good man and never whines or complains, maybe he can throw a gripe out there from time to time, out of honor ! :)

Maybe Shetley could move there? Neither location ever gets rain, so it would seem just like home. :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Fishel. In real life, he is the guy you see on air. I havent seen the climate change special, but I will. I do know that he used to be a climate change skeptic, but he isn't anymore. I haven't had the opportunity to talk with him about it in-depth, but I do know that as he's done more research through the years, he has changed his views on the matter, outside of whatever agenda Capital Broadcasting may or may not have.

Where do the get them??? Wife had The Weather Channel on her TV, and the on screen gal says...

" Myrtle Beach and Kill Devil Hills, you're looking OK, but if you're in Corolla or Nags Head, you can expect some changes if you're enjoying the sunny skies right now".

SMH :blink:

Hey guys I work 7p-7a at a hospital in The Myrtle beach area the next couple nights. Should I be pushing my boss to use the storm team tomorrow night? ( the team that goes in early and stays till the storms done to keep shift workers off the street) they typically only do that for hurricanes but apparently it wouldn't be shocking of this one gets to cat 1. Thanks!

Hey guys I work 7p-7a at a hospital in The Myrtle beach area the next couple nights. Should I be pushing my boss to use the storm team tomorrow night? ( the team that goes in early and stays till the storms done to keep shift workers off the street) they typically only do that for hurricanes but apparently it wouldn't be shocking of this one gets to cat 1. Thanks!

Usually the NHC and local NWS coordinates with the emergency managers in all the TS warned areas and letting them know expected conditions etc and they are already taking care of those things.

On the current forecasted track SC will be on the weaker/and for now dryer side so it shouldn't be anything to bad there based on current thinking.

This pattern blows! Nothing like 93 degrees over 36% humidity and 11th day without a drop of rain!

It's dusty and have had to water the plants and shrubs every other day, and it's only early May! Guess el ninos don't really make it wet in the summer! I'm so over summer , before it starts! Can't wait for the solstice, so days will start getting shorter!

This pattern blows! Nothing like 93 degrees over 36% humidity and 11th day without a drop of rain!

It's dusty and have had to water the plants and shrubs every other day, and it's only early May! Guess el ninos don't really make it wet in the summer! I'm so over summer , before it starts! Can't wait for the solstice, so days will start getting shorter!

We might hit 100 tomorrow lol.

GaWx is the closest to the location, of anybody on here, that I know of! But he's a good man and never whines or complains, maybe he can throw a gripe out there from time to time, out of honor ! :)

Mack,

I'd have to change my profile to make my being a whiner look right. I'd have to take out the being content reference for sure. I don't think I could ever bring myself to doing that even if just for an act. But I guess I could try in Metalman's honor. He'd probably like that.

By the way, there is another SAV poster though he doesn't post much.

Congrats and good luck, Metalman, and thanks for wanting to serve our country.

Congrats man! Any idea what direction you want to go in career-wise?

Thanks :) Im going to go into GIS. Meteorology field is overly saturated with Bachelors and the wait time for someone with a BS is 6mo to 1yr to get a job so ill hold off on that for a bit. 

Thanks :) Im going to go into GIS. Meteorology field is overly saturated with Bachelors and the wait time for someone with a BS is 6mo to 1yr to get a job so ill hold off on that for a bit. 

I'm in GIS and it's a good field to be going into. Basically it maps/locates everything that can be spatial. Once you know where something is you can compare that to other things that are spatially located. Mixing weather and GIS would give you a better idea of what's being effected by weather. This could be road crews requiring certain limits to humidity or sunlight for road resurfacing; or the same road crews wanting to know where snow and ice is currently falling to send plows. The NWS is already outputting many of its products as GIS map services. Its only going to grow with time.  

Archived