joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Observation Thread

Solak

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting dry around here.  No rain since April 25, and that was only 0.22 inch.  It was another seven days of dry before that rain event too.  So, we're going on three weeks with less than a quarter inch of rainfall IMBY.

So crazy how different that is from here..........NAM still has me around 2-3" total from Ana, I got .50" already since midnight,  if we got the high end of that it would put MBY close to 5" for May ( with 20 days to go in the month)  after almost 8" in April. All this rain is getting a bit silly here and you guys cant buy a drop.

Hopefully you guys cash in tonight into tomorrow all it takes is one good storm this time of year to get a quick inch of rain....

We finally got a band to rotate thru us. Dropped .32". The most we have seen in 3 weeks. Hopefully more to come.

Kinda stuck in between bands here light rain from time to time but nothing to ad so far, the next band is working its way this way and looks kinda nasty, and I fear eventually we will be on the N and E side of the COC as it moves just west of us according to NHC so that's gonna be wet unless it loses some steam by then.

New Bern looks to get nailed here in a bit as well.

So crazy how different that is from here..........NAM still has me around 2-3" total from Ana, I got .50" already since midnight,  if we got the high end of that it would put MBY close to 5" for May ( with 20 days to go in the month)  after almost 8" in April. All this rain is getting a bit silly here and you guys cant buy a drop.

Hopefully you guys cash in tonight into tomorrow all it takes is one good storm this time of year to get a quick inch of rain....

Thanks for the well wishes.  It does feel awesome outside today under the tropically cloudy skies with the light breeze.

I'm trying hard not to go full Shetley with my complaining, but it's hard to resist...  :D

Light to moderate rain falling now. Have picked up .17" since it started up again. That makes .49" for the day. They are saying 1 to 2" for us tonight. I think we will be lucky to get 1". Temp currently at 70, dew point 69. Winds probably in the 15 to 25 range.

.46" yesterday. 2.07" from Ana so far.

Had 1.35" in the gauge just now when I checked that is from noon yesterday to now.....still a little light rain but it should end soon as Ana leaves us. Tomorrow they are calling for 89 if we can hit 90 it will be the first 90 of the year. If we don't then it might be another week or so till we do. Our mean date for hitting 90 in May 5th so we are already 6 days past the average first date.... 

It's fairly miserable out right now (for mid-May) as I take a break from mowing the overgrown weeds/grass. Amazing what 2"+ in 2 days will do to a yard. Currently 86/68.

Yeah it sucks outside right now a lot of sun on the wet ground equals ugh.....82 with a 72 DP....I cant wait for October.

Had some pretty good winds as the gust front from those Southern NC storms pushed through. I'm guessing 30-35mph, the way the pines were whipping.

702 PM EDT MON MAY 11 2015

...SCATTERED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT PORTIONS OF
CUMBERLAND... SAMPSON...SOUTHERN JOHNSTON...WAYNE AND SOUTHEASTERN
HARNETT COUNTIES UNTIL 800 PM EDT...

AT 658 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN CLINTON...FAYETTEVILLE AND
LILLINGTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

PEA SIZE HAIL AND WIND GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH
THESE STORM.

Maybe one last chance tonight to get some storms here.  Still dry to this point.

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TUESDAY/...
AS OF 1025 PM EDT...ANOTHER ROUND OF SCATTERED CONVECTION IS FORMING
LATE THIS EVENING ALONG THE NUMEROUS RESIDUAL OUTFLOW BOUNDARIES
ACROSS THE FOOTHILLS...WITH ADDITIONAL ISOLD TO SCT TSTMS ALONG THE
MTN RIDGES IN SW FLOW. ALTHOUGH THERE SHOULD BE A WEAKENING TREND
WITH THE BOUNDARY LAYER SLOWLY STABILIZING...ISOLD WEAK CONVECTION
MAY CONTINUE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS...AND POSSIBLY INCREASE A
BIT ALONG THE SPINE OF THE MOUNTAINS TOWARD DAYBREAK AS UPSLOPE
PERSISTS AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING COLD FRONT. ALTHOUGH LIGHT MIXING
IS EXPECTED IN THE MTN VALLEYS...A REPEAT OF RIVER VALLEY FOG WILL
BE POSSIBLE THROUGH DAYBREAK. EXPECT ANOTHER NIGHT OF SEASONABLY
WARM MIN TEMPS.

THE COLD FRONT WILL SLIDE INTO THE SRN APPALACHIANS DURING THE
MORNING HOURS AND THEN MOVE SE ACROSS THE REGION THROUGH THE DAY.
SOME DESTABILIZATION WILL OCCUR AHEAD OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY...BUT
THE BETTER INSTABILITY WILL BE OVER THE CENTRAL AND ERN CAROLINAS
THROUGH TUE AFTN. ISOLD TSTMS WILL BE POSSIBLE FOR OUR AREA...WITH
THE BEST CHANCE ACROSS THE ERN PIEDMONT THROUGH LATE AFTN. EXPECT
ONE MORE DAY OF WELL ABOVE NORMAL MAX TEMPS.

Had some pretty good winds as the gust front from those Southern NC storms pushed through. I'm guessing 30-35mph, the way the pines were whipping.

702 PM EDT MON MAY 11 2015

...SCATTERED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT PORTIONS OF

CUMBERLAND... SAMPSON...SOUTHERN JOHNSTON...WAYNE AND SOUTHEASTERN

HARNETT COUNTIES UNTIL 800 PM EDT...

AT 658 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN CLINTON...FAYETTEVILLE AND

LILLINGTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

PEA SIZE HAIL AND WIND GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH

THESE STORM.

Yeah, gusts were solid earlier from that sea breeze boundary that passed through. I would say they were 20-25 mph at the strongest.

Archived