• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Angus Barn GTG Saturday, 5/23 @ 6:00 PM -- Raleigh, NC

Cold Rain

Like anything else, there is a proper technique. You start out with simple things and progress to eating 50 hot wings at Hooters while the waitress staff surrounds you cheering and jumping up and down. If you can handle that without overheating, you've hit the big time.

I could probably eat 20 wings if I was very hungry. I'm not even in the same league as you guys.

Jon and Iso, that sux dudes. You will be missed. Maybe we can do a winter one.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody take a selfie of jburns slipping his teeth in for the steak.

I missed it. He got them back in too quick!

On our way back home now. We had such a good time and it was really nice to meet everyone in person. I hope we can do it again and more can join in next time.

Nope. But the overall experience is. Lots of extras go with the price.

Yep, this includes unlimited mints at the end.

Seriously, I had already heard about this restaurant in a good way from someone else outside of this BB who has been there and who doesn't live in NC. He has been to Raleigh on business trips. He said it is a must go to for anyone going to Raleigh planning to eat out (assuming he/she can afford it obviously).

Yep, this includes unlimited mints at the end.

Seriously, I had already heard about this restaurant in a good way from someone else outside of this BB who has been there and who doesn't live in NC. He has been to Raleigh on business trips. He said it is a must go to for anyone going to Raleigh planning to eat out (assuming he/she can afford it obviously).

Yeah, they have those little peppermints...all you want. They also have all the free red apples you want. And they have a cheese bar kind of thing. You can get all the cheese and crackers and olives and pickles you want too. The atmosphere is pretty cool, it is definitely worth the price to experience it once, at least. If you paid that price for just the steak, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Damn I'm pissed I couldn't make it. You guys know what I look like lol but still it would have been nice meeting people I've talked to for ~7 years. Next time!

Burger posted a pic in the banter thread. You'll have to guess who is who. :) Hopefully, we can do it again sometime at maybe a less $$ place.

Yeah, they have those little peppermints...all you want. They also have all the free red apples you want. And they have a cheese bar kind of thing. You can get all the cheese and crackers and olives and pickles you want too. The atmosphere is pretty cool, it is definitely worth the price to experience it once, at least. If you paid that price for just the steak, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

CR,

In addition to the extras and atmosphere, the Angus Barn steaks, themselves, are supposedly out of this world absolutely fantastic. Correct? Have you (or anyone else here) ever been to a Ruth Chris? If so, which has better steaks? I think they may be pretty similarly priced.

CR,

In addition to the extras and atmosphere, the Angus Barn steaks, themselves, are supposedly out of this world absolutely fantastic. Correct? Have you (or anyone else here) ever been to a Ruth Chris? If so, which has better steaks? I think they may be pretty similarly priced.

The steaks are good, definitely. Better than Mack's favorite -- Ryan's. But you can get better. Ruth's Chris is probably comparable. They're not worth the price, IMO. Plus, there's no atmosphere at Ruth's.

Seeing as a member told me, while at the GTG, that he found my avatar too scary, I promised him I would temporarily change it to one that he might find less frightening.

Lol.....Not any better. As CR just said that's a creepy cat. I think your other one is scary but it helps keep some of us in line.   

Archived