• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Angus Barn GTG Saturday, 5/23 @ 6:00 PM -- Raleigh, NC

Cold Rain

We've been talking about getting together to consume some fine beef for a while, so let's get serious. The Angus Barn offers just such an opportunity: www.angusbarn.com. The FAQ section (www.angusbarn.com/questions.htm) gives info about the dress code. Jeans are fine, for example. Daisy Dukes are frowned upon, however, unless of course you happen to be Daisy Duke from like 30 years ago.

Below are some dates I'm suggesting. The more, the merrier. So even if you aren't nearby but want to join us, you're more than welcome! And feel free PM anyone that think would like to go but doesn't normally check in during boring weather periods.

If you're interesed in going, please respond with dates that do not work for you. If they all work, then say that too. (Memorial Day weekend is the weekend of the 22nd/23rd, so that may not work, since some might be traveling.).

Also, do we want to include significant others? I assume so but wanted to check. Please weigh in on that too. I vote yes.

These are all May Friday or Saturday dates:

5/15, 5/16, 5/22, 5/23, 5/29, 5/30.

Begin!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kid has a tournament the weekend of the 15th so that's out for me. I'm not sure on the later dates at the moment, but I would love to attend! 

btw.....I'll be in Durham the week of June 15th if anyone would like to meet for dinner.....Seanus.....that means you and your beautiful lady too  :P  

We've been talking about getting together to consume some fine beef for a while, so let's get serious. The Angus Barn offers just such an opportunity: www.angusbarn.com. The FAQ section (www.angusbarn.com/questions.htm) gives info about the dress code. Jeans are fine, for example. Daisy Dukes are frowned upon, however, unless of course you happen to be Daisy Duke from like 30 years ago.

Below are some dates I'm suggesting. The more, the merrier. So even if you aren't nearby but want to join us, you're more than welcome! And feel free PM anyone that think would like to go but doesn't normally check in during boring weather periods.

If you're interesed in going, please respond with dates that do not work for you. If they all work, then say that too. (Memorial Day weekend is the weekend of the 22nd/23rd, so that may not work, since some might be traveling.).

Also, do we want to include significant others? I assume so but wanted to check. Please weigh in on that too. I vote yes.

These are all May Friday or Saturday dates:

5/15, 5/16, 5/22, 5/23, 5/29, 5/30.

Begin!

I cannot do the 5/15 - 5/16th.  

My kid has a tournament the weekend of the 15th so that's out for me. I'm not sure on the later dates at the moment, but I would love to attend! 

btw.....I'll be in Durham the week of June 15th if anyone would like to meet for dinner.....Seanus.....that means you and your beautiful lady too   :P

YES!!!!

Michelle, are you going to be in the entire week of 6/15, as in here on the 19th and 20th? The last weekend in May seems to have the best support, but I'd hate for you to have to come up twice. If you're going to be here the 19th or 20th, we could see if either of those dates work for everyone.

Michelle, are you going to be in the entire week of 6/15, as in here on the 19th and 20th? The last weekend in May seems to have the best support, but I'd hate for you to have to come up twice. If you're going to be here the 19th or 20th, we could see if either of those dates work for everyone.

I come in on Sunday the 14th and go home on Friday the 19th. Sales meetings are full of awesome  :lol:  :P    I don't mind driving up a couple weeks before the sales meeting at all. I'm more worried my kid would have a tournament on whatever weekend is decided....lol.  

I come in on Sunday the 14th and go home on Friday the 19th. Sales meetings are full of awesome :lol::P I don't mind driving up a couple weeks before the sales meeting at all. I'm more worried my kid would have a tournament on whatever weekend is decided....lol.

Ok good deal! Just trying to make it as convenient as possible. Hopefully the tourney will be on another weekend. I hope you can make it.

Moving this convo to the proper thread...

Their menu does appear to have some pretty awesome side dishes, but the prices are really steep at this restaurant.

Yeah, that's true. I only go there for very special occasions, like a SE GTG. :) I probably average a trip every two years or so. Can't afford much more than that!

Nothing would be funner than a gtg, I wish I could have gotten to the DD2 gtg sooner, but still met alot of cool people from the board. Lots of good people, but I would love to meet JBuns! He has alot of wisdom to share , I would bet!

Not while I'm eating a good steak.  It requires my full concentration.

5/30 is a Saturday, which I assume will be best for those driving out of town. Since the last weekend in May seems to work for most everyone who has weighed in, let's pencil in 5/30 as the date, unless there are any strong or broad-based objections.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

5/30, is wack

Wack as in awesome?!

Edit: oh I forgot you said that weekend was out. It doesn't have to be the 30th. I'll go back and read through the thread again later and see if there are a couple different dates that seem to generally work.

That also works, though I'll want to skip out by around 9.

Good deal. Hadn't thought too much about timing yet, though maybe 6:00 - 6:30 might make sense? On the other hand, it might be too late for Burns, unless he minds breaking from the usual 4:30 K&W routine!

Archived