SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2nd annual spring/summer thread for the mountains

Met1985

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this on FB a little while ago. Guys I think things are going to get dangerous around WNC and the Upstate(and of course the rest of SC). Water is already turning to instant runoff in Asheville and this is just the beginning. Those totals from the Blk mtn site are a precursor to a mudslide. I am a little uneasy looking at model output and know the elevation change around these parts. Water does serious damage that devastates families and I would hate to see our communities go through what we experienced in 2004 again. Might be time to say a prayer that this holds off..35dacf401f1fb07ee0f29e0f71bb59e4.jpg

Posted this on FB a little while ago. Guys I think things are going to get dangerous around WNC and the Upstate(and of course the rest of SC). Water is already turning to instant runoff in Asheville and this is just the beginning. Those totals from the Blk mtn site are a precursor to a mudslide. I am a little uneasy looking at model output and know the elevation change around these parts. Water does serious damage that devastates families and I would hate to see our communities go through what we experienced in 2004 again. Might be time to say a prayer that this holds off..35dacf401f1fb07ee0f29e0f71bb59e4.jpg

Ward are you Ashevillewx on Facebook?

Well. We missed out on any moisture today but we at least got a chance to dry out from this weekend. We ended up with about 11.5-12 from last Thursday to Tuesday.

Now, the creeks are still higher than normal and my shoes still sink into the ground in some places. Ready to see how this weekend goes. Should be an interesting ride

Well. We missed out on any moisture today but we at least got a chance to dry out from this weekend. We ended up with about 11.5-12 from last Thursday to Tuesday.

Now, the creeks are still higher than normal and my shoes still sink into the ground in some places. Ready to see how this weekend goes. Should be an interesting ride

Not as much rain as you but has been raining steady since 5 here. Ground is just soaked.

Steady to moderate rain all night here. Looks like over an inch fell overnight and looks like this is here to stay.

been pouring here all night and morning. Gonna have to scratch the camping trip, I don't think it will make it out the driveway. My wife's van sunk a foot deep into a section I had widened over the summer. Don't think a 12000 pound camper would fair any better.

been pouring here all night and morning. Gonna have to scratch the camping trip, I don't think it will make it out the driveway. My wife's van sunk a foot deep into a section I had widened over the summer. Don't think a 12000 pound camper would fair any better.

Lol good call and good luck with the van. If we get any of that coming off the Atlantic we are screwed. That is some heavy stuff and with the mountains creating lift then that means even more rain.

Lol good call and good luck with the van. If we get any of that coming off the Atlantic we are screwed. That is some heavy stuff and with the mountains creating lift then that means even more rain.

Orographics to start to really kick in  when we see 25 mph at a perpendicular angle to a ridge line.  Looks rather marginal right now but tomorrow we should get a full 50 knots slamming into the mountains out of the East which should make things very interesting indeed with some locally extreme amounts possible considering all the forcing, the record high PW's, and the duration of the event. The escarpment areas around Lake T. and Highlands should do quite well for sure. My mountain top should receive about 1/2 of whatever falls on the escarpment.

Archived