SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's better than the Bermuda high! That will be your worst nightmare , come July and August!

I'm hoping for the plains trough to set up this summer, to keep us in the moist , southerly flow!

This is our " wet season" and we are already pretty far below normal for the year and finished March 3" below normal! :(

Ya, the pattern is really sucking eggs right now.

Don't talk about what happens in PR and I won't. I am responding in kind sir. I'm happy to discuss anything the mods allow.

If you really mean what you are saying here, start with following your own advice before chastising others.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45896-march-banter/page-23

My point was, you don't like what Met posted in PR. That's fine, and I'm sure everyone is ok with you or anyone else having any opinion they'd like. But you posted what you posted in the Pattern thread solely driven by your opinion of what happened in PR. You are surely not bothered by a grammar error or two, as evidenced by some of your posts and also the lack of criticism of others' posts.

You make a lot of good points on the weather side, so I hope you don't feel the need to stop posting. But it seems hard for you to separate the two sides. And like I said in the link you quoted (which was in Banter, by the way, and not attacking a poster in the Pattern thread), I'll bet most people in PR are nice in person and could probably hang out and have a good time together, even with all of the various screen personas.

Keep the PR crap out of here or you will find yourself limited to one or the other.

You make sure that is clear to absolutely every in here and no exceptions! I have enjoyed this weather board for many years and I will continue on enjoying it. I have absolutely no problem with anyone who post in here be it what you approve of or not approve of. If some feel provoked to attack me because of my religious beliefs then stay off the website if you cannot control yourself from behind a stupid keyboard for gosh sakes!

On this day 41 years ago, at about 4:40pm, my whole world changed. I was outside riding my bike, while my two little sisters played in the yard. My Mom and Aunt(Dad was at work) were sitting on the porch chatting on a beautiful, warm spring day. Our front door was propped open, we were under a tornado watch. Channel 7 cut into whatever was showing on tv, to say we were under a tornado warning. We lived in the Arrowhead subdivision in Xenia, Ohio. 

Our front yard had a huge old maple tree that kept it shady during the summer and my sisters were under it digging in the dirt. Our backyard was fenced in. There was a small shed in the corner, a swing set with two slides, a whirly bird, a sandbox and a gazillion toys scattered about. My Aunt grabbed up my sisters while her and Mom yelled for me to come home. NOW. They were using that "mom" voice that you didn't dare disobey....lol. We all went inside just as channel 7's new doppler radar was on and Gil Whitney was telling everyone to take cover now. A tornado was coming. So into my sisters room we go and Mom grabs a mattress as we all get into the closet. Looking out the window before we hunkered down there was nothing but blue sky and white puffy clouds. After what seemed like forever in there,with the sun still shining out the window, Mom and Aunt Debbie decided they were going to take a look and told us to stay put. 

I'm not sure how much time had passed before I headed down the hallway towards the living room to find them, but when I stepped into the living room, the front door was open. My Aunt was standing just outside the door, next to my Mom saying I don't see it.....it's too quiet.....and my Mom started yelling there it is Debbie! Get inside! I believe a lot of profanity followed, but all I could see was the biggest, darkest, blackest cloud that looked like it was connected to the ground, heading right towards us. My Mom grabbed me as we all ran back towards the closet and hid under the mattress. My sisters started crying harder as the sound grew louder. The ground actually vibrated and there are not enough words to describe how gawd awful the sound is as everything around you is being torn to shreds. Once it had passed and we finally got the door open so we could go outside......everything was gone. Just gone. Most of our house was still standing, minus the roof and living room, but everything all around us was gone. The big beautiful tree was no longer there, neither was anything in the backyard except for one small stretch of fence that had a jackrabbit stuck in it   :(   There were no houses left across the street or on the street behind us. No houses anywhere around us that were left standing whole. My Mom and Aunt decided we had to walk to my Grandparents house to let everyone know we were okay. What was normally a 10 minute drive took us until dark to get there. There were soooo many people hurt and everyone was doing everything they could to help. Everyday people became hero's and everyday hero's went above and beyond the call of duty. All of the thank you's just don't seem enough after everything I witnessed that day. The whole town was just totally destroyed. People screaming, crying, walking around in shock. First responders, neighbors, friends trying to dig their way toward the screaming. You couldn't tell if you were walking on the road, or across yards. The only way we knew we were crossing into town was the railroad tracks.....the buildings were just unrecognizable.  Once we got threw town and as we approached the IGA it was like a totally different world. Birds were chirping, the sun was shining and there was not a blade of grass out of place. I'll never forget that day........it's the day I became a weather nerd   ;)   :D

Here is a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xenia-Tornado/32402574342?sk=timeline

Here's another one with great info too    http://www.xeniatornado.com/

I was on top of the neighboring hills in Fairborn watching it. My sisters friend lived in Xenia and her mother was killed, i believe by a car coming through the front of her house. Sad event for sure.

I believe everyone who lived in xenia knew someone that was killed or seriously injured that day.   :(   BUT.........There are also a lot of survival stories out there thanks to the first responders and neighbors helping neighbors  :D 

Thanks for the story Buckeye. Talk about a life changing event. I could not imagine going through something like that.

It's what kicked off the need to know all of the why's when it comes to weather  :lol:    

Wasn't that like the strongest tornado of the outbreak Buckeye?

Yep....it was an F5 with 300+mph winds  :D   quite a nasty storm

Great weekend coming up. Gonna celebrate the greatest event in the history of mankind and hopefully watch Duke win #5.

Cooking 10 racks of ribs tomorrow and only lord nows how many potatotoes the wife will have me peeling for the potatoe salad.

Anyone jumped the gun on planting the corn or beans? Think I'm gonna go for it late next week.

Archived