SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Observation Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92 earlier. Hottest day of the year so far. Tomorrow will be warmer at 93 which is the average high for the hottest time of the year.

Currently 77. We are good at heat. Not rain though.

Hit 90.2 here yesterday. Couldn't believe it when i saw it. I mean i knew it was hot but my mouth sort of dropped when i looked at the temp. Neighbor said he topped out at 91.4. Athens set a record at 89. Forecasted high was around 84 iirc. It's certainly not unusual to see the temp where i'm at to be several degrees hotter than forecasted so i figured there was a shot at 86 or 87 at most. So it was pretty surprising it got that damn hot

way too early for this crap.

Observation:  It's hot and I don't like it.

May hit 90° today.  Currently 88.3°.  At least there is a breeze.

now 89 :at 2:20pm....and it's not a dry heat either..in fact it's muggy with a dp of 63... which is down just a bit from earlier where  at noon it was 85 with a dp of  65. Temps in the upper 80s/near 90 with dewpoints in the upper 60s around columbia. And to think april is only a little over a week old :axe:

Uggh...way to early for this.

Even the NC High Country is roasting with 74 degrees around Linville and mid 60s on the Ridge Tops

Winter seems like a long time ago already.

I have what looks like a pretty strong thunderstorm incoming with some purples showing up on reflectivity.  Looks like it should be a direct hit, but these things have a habit of dancing around at the last minute to fringe me.  No warning or sws atm.  Lots of thunder as it is approaching.

Edit:  Pretty good storm with torrential rain and pea sized hail for a couple minutes.

CAE.......  :angry:  I miss spring  :(  

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
0524 PM EDT THU APR 09 2015

...THE RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR APRIL 9TH WAS BROKEN AT THE
COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 92 DEGREES WAS SET AT THE COLUMBIA
METRO AIRPORT SC TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 90 DEGREES
ORIGINALLY SET IN 1893 AND LATER TIED IN 1965 AND 2011. THIS IS THE
FIRST DAY SINCE OCTOBER 11TH 2014 THAT IT HAS BEEN 90 DEGREES OR
MORE AT THE COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT.

Bottom end of that Wake storm suddenly bowed to the South, and we're getting a short-term inundation! Haven't heard rain dumping like that in quite a while. Lightning seems to have calmed down a little. None around here...just torrential rain.

Archived