joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First day of spring snowstorm(3/20) OBS

The Iceman

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A March-like study in contrasts, from yesterday to today. Love the spring but I love the snow too :-).

attachicon.gifAlmost-spring-3-19-15.jpg

attachicon.gifStill-winter-3-20-15.jpg

Squirrels are going to be pissed, potential food stores exposed finally exposed after two months and now this :lol:

In the last month I have had two squirrel PROOF feeders destroyed by them. They ate through the plastic :o

Also a window "squirrel proof" feeder knocked off and broken. What is up with that? Didn't happen last winter

Nice pics!  Flurries have begun here in Marlboro, NJ Monmouth County.

nice pic

Thanks! The snow has lightened up here a good bit, small flakes, 32F. 1.8" accumulated so far on non-driveway surfaces, varies from 3/4" to 1 1/4" on the blacktop. A plow just went down the street with actual snow being plowed.

Squirrels are going to be pissed, potential food stores exposed finally exposed after two months and now this :lol:

In the last month I have had two squirrel PROOF feeders destroyed by them. They ate through the plastic :o

Also a window "squirrel proof" feeder knocked off and broken. What is up with that? Didn't happen last winter

They love peanuts, especially in the shell. Everyone loves peanuts actually, even the deer eat them.

They love peanuts, especially in the shell. Everyone loves peanuts actually, even the deer eat them.

If it's a seed they like it imby ;)

Moderate snow continues  1.25"  and 30.5F. Hope to see some moderate to heavy to send winter off with a bang, at least before the April snow

Radar looks great and the timing of the snow reminds me of the second week of April snow in 2003 not sure of the exact date? That was a 10am to 4pm snow

I was thinking of that storm as well.  I believe it was April 7.  Snow only fell during daylight but didn't have too much trouble accumulating with temps around 31-32.  Moderate to heavy rates always help!

With that in mind, it is snowing quite nicely in Spring Mount, PA with a temp of 31.  Accumulation as of 11:22 AM is 2.3 inches.

I was thinking of that storm as well.  I believe it was April 7.  Snow only fell during daylight but didn't have too much trouble accumulating with temps around 31-32.  Moderate to heavy rates always help!

With that in mind, it is snowing quite nicely in Spring Mount, PA with a temp of 31.  Accumulation as of 11:22 AM is 2.3 inches.

JCT is there diff between grass and road?

Archived