• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential snow Friday/Saturday 3/20-21/2015

famartin

I agree about not going totally with models are saying with how much snow they showing.  Given that we're warmer, plus if it snows during the daytime, you have to get high snowfall rates to get roads totally snow covered.  Yeh, it will be slick, but not sure how significant this event will be. Definitely will be monitoring things now.  

Then I saw the Canadian for next week.  Kind of started to laugh at the snowfall map.  But this is the window to get some more snow.  So, we'll see how this plays out.   

but oh canada has done well this year, no?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to figure out what this equals to -                   

Thursday Night
A chance of snow after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. Light northeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 

FRIDAY - Snow likely before 2pm, then rain and snow between 2pm and 3pm, then rain after 3pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. 

Friday Night  Rain and snow before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Low around 30. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Looking at the snow maps I guess 2-3 inches

I like what mt holly has right now for a forecast map. these model snowfall maps are all going to be way overdone. besides elevated areas, ratio's are going to be bad and for most areas melting is going to be an issue during the day with the borderline surface temps and mid-march sun. 

post-135-0-32146400-1426727142_thumb.png

I like what mt holly has right now for a forecast map. these model snowfall maps are all going to be way overdone. besides elevated areas, ratio's are going to be bad and for most areas melting is going to be an issue during the day with the borderline surface temps and mid-march sun. .

attachicon.gifStormTotalSnowRange.png

You read mind completely w/your points. If it would fall completely overnight....maybe some fun. As of now, horrible timing, bad ratios, basically it will start to melt once it lets up. Then they'll wing down more salt for nothing and then melt away Saturday as I drag salt inside car/house. Complete slop setup....rather have a couple heavy T-storms to wash stuff away.

You read mind completely w/your points. If it would fall completely overnight....maybe some fun. As of now, horrible timing, bad ratios, basically it will start to melt once it lets up. Then they'll wing down more salt for nothing and then melt away Saturday as I drag salt inside car/house. Complete slop setup....rather have a couple heavy T-storms to wash stuff away.

It wouldn't be fun at all for me if it fell at night.  I like to see the snow.  I really don't want any more accumulating snow.  As it is, if it's snowing the schools around here will probably have an early dismissal even if roads are clear.

NAM soundings look like they could support 10:1 (as opposed to GFS soundings, which definitely DON'T support 10:1).  This assumes that its starts as snow and there isn't enough insolation to prevent melting.  The former could happen... the latter, maybe not.  Probably best to assume a bit below 10:1, but maybe not far below *if* the NAM soundings are right.

Quiet here did the internet die?

I think a lot of people gave up on winter and haven't heard of this storm. There's going to be a lot of surprised people come Friday haha. Also, I feel very good about this event. The models keep trending colder and wetter as we get closer; good signs. I like an area wide 3-6" for areas north of Philly.

Archived