SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential snow Friday/Saturday 3/20-21/2015

famartin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn's 4pm forecast for Friday. Really need any snow to fall/stick at night w/the high of 38 (in Philly)....windy tomorrow.

Wouldn't *have* to fall at night, though it would help.  However, during midday, it would probably have to fall pretty hard.  More than a few hundredths of liquid-equivalent per hour.

All of the major models at some point have showed a coastal system in the Friday/Saturday time frame. I'm pretty confident it will happen. Like all the previous events we will have to wait until we are much closer to the event to get an idea of the amount/type of precip. It's the middle of March so getting all snow is becoming more difficult.

By the way, did anyone see hour 336 on the 18Z GFS?

All of the major models at some point have showed a coastal system in the Friday/Saturday time frame. I'm pretty confident it will happen. Like all the previous events we will have to wait until we are much closer to the event to get an idea of the amount/type of precip. It's the middle of March so getting all snow is becoming more difficult.

By the way, did anyone see hour 336 on the 18Z GFS?

990 MB.... Now that's a low pressure!!

Any snow this time of the year is bonus snow. Does the gfs have any support? Think coating-inch or two on grass is the most we'd get but that's still good this time of the year. Hopefully it'll be melted by sat at noon though, I've got my first tee time of the year already booked, would hate to be snowed out.

I agree about not going totally with models are saying with how much snow they showing.  Given that we're warmer, plus if it snows during the daytime, you have to get high snowfall rates to get roads totally snow covered.  Yeh, it will be slick, but not sure how significant this event will be. Definitely will be monitoring things now.  

Then I saw the Canadian for next week.  Kind of started to laugh at the snowfall map.  But this is the window to get some more snow.  So, we'll see how this plays out.   

Archived