Weathernoob335
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storms or Johnston County?

Hey now!!!

Looks like we're going to miss out on things today. There's some good winds with the storms down in Cumberland Co. Nothing back to the W or SW. The 'Wilson' storm fired up about 1/2 mile to the NE of here, so we missed that one, too. Looks like next chance is in a week.

Decent couplet coming into Pitt Co could be very near Farmville in a few minutes.......but its merging if it had gone or manages to persist it will be headed for Greenville.

Not too impressive but it is headed straight for the house so I won't have to go anywhere to get this storm.

Could still be rough off to the East...

0224 PM CDT THU MAY 21 2015   AREAS AFFECTED...ERN NC   CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 193...   VALID 211924Z - 212100Z   THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 193   CONTINUES.   SUMMARY...THREAT FOR DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL REMAINS ACROSS ERN NC.   DISCUSSION...RECENT SURFACE ANALYSIS PLACES THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY   FROM ASJ SSWWD TO JUST NW OF FLO. ENVIRONMENT AHEAD OF THIS BOUNDARY   WILL REMAIN UNSTABLE AS LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE CONTINUES TO ADVECT NWWD   INTO THE REGION. DEWPOINT AT THE DPL HAS INCREASED FROM 68 TO 71 DEG   F WITH A SIMILAR TREND NOTED AT ISO. MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES WILL   REMAIN RELATIVELY POOR BUT THE QUALITY OF THE LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE   STILL SUPPORTS MLCAPE NEAR 1000 J PER KG. AS SUCH...TSTM ACTIVITY IS   EXPECTED TO CONTINUE AHEAD OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY WITH SOME   INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY POSSIBLE. PRIMARY SEVERE THREAT   IS DAMAGING DOWNBURST WINDS WITH SOME ISOLATED SEVERE HAIL ALSO   POSSIBLE.   ..MOSIER.. 05/21/2015

Getting hit pretty hard here at work, best storm for me this year, pea size hail for a minute mixed in with the torrentially heavy downpour and winds to maybe 40-50 mph....still raining very hard.

That storm is heading towards me right now and she looks pretty nasty from my direction.

340 PM EDT THU MAY 21 2015

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WAKEFIELD HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN BERTIE COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 415 PM EDT

* AT 339 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED

NEAR WINDSOR...AND MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

* THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR...

WINDSOR AROUND 355 PM EDT.

Had to head to Farmville on 264 to pick up my stepson from school at the height of the storm. Average thunderstorm winds around 30-40mph and just torrential rains. Dopplar showing over an inch in just 30 minutes and I believe it. Roads had tons of standing water and the car actually had a hard time gaining speed due to poor traction.

Not too impressed with the current warned cells. The cell in the best environment currently is just east of Bolton or south of Arcadia heading towards Sandy Creek, NC. Could see a warning on that one at some point.

Now has a warning. Sandy Creek citizens should be on guard.

Archived