• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2015 Severe Weather Thread

Hvward

Poor Brick... is he still in Wake Forest ---- or Myrtle Beach?

Severe thunderstorm warning continues for Granville, NW Wake, and Durham Counties until 2:30pm. Damaging winds and a LOT of lighting with these as they move SE @25mph...

11699053_10153620047749258_3259751190471

Just got to Myrtle Beach. Got the warnings on my phone. Of course I would miss a good storm.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable storm here. Had to have been some 60-70mph gusts as the line rolled through. I've never seen it get as windy as it did and you could hear the trees cracking in the woods. Tons of lightning as well. Power is out now so that sucks but wow was it fun (and kinda scary) to watch.

Haven't been on in awhile I hope everyone is doing well! God bless!

post-2727-0-88802200-1437264467_thumb.jp

Batten down the hatches bro. Big severe, slow moving storm about to slam kennesaw and then crush Marietta!! It's been a banner year for the severe storms in our part of the southern TV.

So how did that one turn out for you, MariettaWx?

The stuff that sprung up just west of that storm is now bearing down on us in Douglas County.  The outflow blast was a welcome break from humid yuk.  Now listening to the continual rumbles of thunder - it certainly SOUNDS impressive.

So how did that one turn out for you, MariettaWx?

The stuff that sprung up just west of that storm is now bearing down on us in Douglas County. The outflow blast was a welcome break from humid yuk. Now listening to the continual rumbles of thunder - it certainly SOUNDS impressive.

I think Justin ended up with a better event than I did. We had some rain and thunder but the storm lost some punch on its way southward. the temps have crashed with the rains and darkness falling. It feels great out after the wicked humid and hot day we had.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

WAKE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

SOUTHERN DURHAM COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 430 PM EDT

* AT 346 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS

OF 58 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OVER DURHAM. THIS STORM WAS

NEARLY STATIONARY.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

RALEIGH...DURHAM...CARY...WAKE FOREST...GARNER...ZEBULON...RDU

INTERNATIONAL...MORRISVILLE...KNIGHTDALE AND WENDELL.

Agree as bad as the pattern is there is a payoff to pumping all this energy into the lower atmosphere....

There is something special about a thunder boomer that forms in low to mid 90s heat. The energy and power is amazeballs.

Round two for the day incoming, currently below severe limits but with the temps it could pulse severe for sure.

There is something special about a thunder boomer that forms in low to mid 90s heat. The energy and power is amazeballs.

Round two for the day incoming, currently below severe limits but with the temps it could pulse severe for sure.

The skies must have needed more time to heal. Storms fizzled once they hit this worked over atmosphere.

630 PM EDT SUN JUL 19 2015

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

EDGECOMBE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 730 PM EDT

* AT 629 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 58 MPH. THIS STORM

WAS LOCATED OVER TARBORO...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 15 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

TARBORO...PRINCEVILLE...PINETOPS...MACCLESFIELD...CONETOE...

SPEED...LEGGETT AND KINGSBORO.

630 PM EDT SUN JUL 19 2015THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  EDGECOMBE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...* UNTIL 730 PM EDT* AT 629 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 58 MPH. THIS STORM  WAS LOCATED OVER TARBORO...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 15 MPH.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  TARBORO...PRINCEVILLE...PINETOPS...MACCLESFIELD...CONETOE...  SPEED...LEGGETT AND KINGSBORO.

This one is dropping south right at me and its black out there. looks nasty

Archived