Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe storms 2015 general chatter

Ian

Corn fuel  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When will DCA report its first spring thunder?

2. 2. How many days with severe weather watches in the subforum in 2015?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My call is for 20+ days of midwest MCS's providing morning clouds that burn off around 1 pm making for only 2 hours of prime severe making.  That will cause marginal conditions and watches will be hoisted.  All we get is one spot with hail that someone calls sleet on Twitter

The day after the '12 derecho was something else. Power out for most of the day, trees down everywhere, traffic lights out, etc. Posters on this board were dropping like flies west to east as power was going out. I remember seeing transformers blowing in the western sky before it had reached my house. It was really a sight to see. 

The day after the '12 derecho was something else. Power out for most of the day, trees down everywhere, traffic lights out, etc. Posters on this board were dropping like flies west to east as power was going out. I remember seeing transformers blowing in the western sky before it had reached my house. It was really a sight to see.

One of the coolest things I ever saw. I was standing on the patio. I could smell fresh wood a few minutes before the roar. I was almost killed by falling branches that night.I watched a huge maple slam into my driveway. I stood there while trees were falling around me. I was in such aww of mother nature. I couldn't move. It was truly amazing!

Who knows what mother nature has planned for us this season. I'm sure it will be interesting.

Sunday would have potential or some general boomers on the GFS if it wasn't mid-March.  Low over Pittsburgh and closed 500mb low over Michigan.  Looks like we could clear out Sunday afternoon ahead of the front and get some sun.  

yeah not a terrible look though the timing sucks for now even in a few months. 

I don't even need severe.  If we can get a good dousing every 7-10 days this summer, with the occasional strong storm, I'll be pretty pleased.

Our power was out for four days.  Good thing we got out of dodge about five hours after the derecho plowed through!

God...it was so hot that day.

Yeah, it was a ****ing blast. I worked 9 hours cleaning up, and burned 5 days straight.

It helped with Sandy though. I don't care what anybody says, that storm removed most of the weak limbs and trees around here before Sandy came.

The 2012 derecho was a *yawn* in Glen Burnie.

Now, as for 7/18/10 and 6/9/11 severe storms... holy crap. Both did way more damage in my neighborhood than the derecho and were way more intense.

But Prince Frederick doesn't get severe weather so I won't see anything like that again, fortunately.

It wasn't all that impressive in Cockeysville either... maybe I was too far north. It was decent, but nothing mind blowing or spectacular.

The 2012 derecho was a *yawn* in Glen Burnie.

Now, as for 7/18/10 and 6/9/11 severe storms... holy crap. Both did way more damage in my neighborhood than the derecho and were way more intense.

But Prince Frederick doesn't get severe weather so I won't see anything like that again, fortunately.

Yup. Totally agree. It was pretty meh here also. If I remember correctly, some of the line broke up before it hit the Glen Burnie/Pasadena area. It was cool but  wasn't that great. 

It wasn't all that impressive in Cockeysville either... maybe I was too far north. It was decent, but nothing mind blowing or spectacular.

We should probably consider ourselves lucky with that, places just to our south in Lutherville and Towson were without power for 5 days or more following the derecho

Yup. Totally agree. It was pretty meh here also. If I remember correctly, some of the line broke up before it hit the Glen Burnie/Pasadena area. It was cool but wasn't that great.

We got blasted down here in the Crofton area. Trees were down all over the place. I lost 2 on my property and a few others were damaged. Running a chainsaw in 100 degree heat wasn't fun.

Archived