Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cell trying to organize down by Waco is concerning.

In the DFW area, cell west of Denton is the most interesting at the moment.

The ongoing supercell near Decatur is free and clear... seems like it should be all systems go, and may well be.  But for some reason I feel like the moisture surging northward, west of I35 that you mentioned may be the bring the best chance of a tornado as it interacts with the stuff to the NW.  A quick back of the envelope extrapolation that intersection may be somewhere near Burleson or thereabouts.

The ongoing supercell near Decatur is free and clear... seems like it should be all systems go, and may well be. But for some reason I feel like the moisture surging northward, west of I35 that you mentioned may be the bring the best chance of a tornado as it interacts with the stuff to the NW. A quick back of the envelope extrapolation that intersection may be somewhere near Burleson or thereabouts.

Cell west of Denton looks to encounter better helicity as it moves eastward. Could be more of a threat down the round with nothing to the SE of it at this time.

Looking better now just south of metroplex this could be the one of bigger concern nothing south of it to stop inflow

Right now the best overlap of ingredients appears to stretch from NE Dallas County up into Collin. Who knows how things will evolve but currently no storms in that area or how things will change by the time storms show up (if they do).

ETA: cell just popped over Irving, now to see how fast it goes up.

Significant tornado went through Lindale a bit ago. Thankfully me and most family and friends are OK. One family member may have been hit in Hawkins. Reports of many injuries in Lindale though.

Keep us updated. Was very curious how you were doing when they said tornado very near Lindale

Archived