Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nasty storm in North Fort Worth. Some crazy winds, that's for sure. Felt like around 70 mph gusts. Very difficult to even close the door. Pretty impressive.

Same in downtown, very intense with transformer explosions in the sky. I was suprised they did not sound the sirens (that I heard anyway) given the intensity.. people should not have been outside in this one.

Witnessed the storm as it blew through Arlington, power was off at mattock and i20 and winds appeared to me to be at 70mph at the height of the storm... Got back home to sw ft worth and no major damage in my complex except for our storm drainage lake is overflowing but no danger to any 1ft floor apartments... All in all a good storm, best one I've had in the nearly 2 years of living in dfw

Wow, Austin area about to get rocked. That cell barreling at us looks to have some big hail and 60+ mph wind. Might just miss me as I'm on the south side of town but if that hail core makes it here there'll be some damage. Already big lightning flashes in the western sky and first rolls of thunder. 

Wow, Austin area about to get rocked. That cell barreling at us looks to have some big hail and 60+ mph wind. Might just miss me as I'm on the south side of town but if that hail core makes it here there'll be some damage. Already big lightning flashes in the western sky and first rolls of thunder. 

Daughter living just west of Austin just reported driving home in very large, LOUD hail. with accumulation in the road in just seconds.

Definitely heard hail here in south Austin, looked maybe marble size or so? Very strong wind ahead of the cell too, I'd guess 50 mph easy. Ridiculous rain and a big light show. 

The worst part of the cell may have edged just north of here toward Downtown, still that was a rush. 

That is a nice size, big enough to be "note worthy" but not big enough to tear anything up. Glad y'all cashed in on the tail end of that line. 

That is a nice size, big enough to be "not worthy" but not big enough to tear anything up. Glad y'all cashed in on the tail end of that line. 

Checked my car, luckily no dents. :lol:

Just north of me got the worst of the cell, Downtown may have had worse hail/wind. But here was bad too, the trees were definitely shaking and now my apartment's swimming pool has a massive branch in it.

Still great light show ongoing here and heavy showers on/off. Looks like activity for a ways west of here. 

Around Lake Travis looks to have gotten hit pretty hard by hail, up to 1.75" reported in Lakeway. 60mph wind gusts and downed trees reported closer to downtown Austin thus far. 

The hail core looked intense when it came through western Travis County, it weakened some before coming into downtown, but I would think there was some pretty bad hail there too, since I had a good 5-10 minute period of smaller hail on the periphery of the cell and they were in the middle of it. 

Lots of large hail in the Houston area today. My parents saw some large stones and even the automated station at Hooks Airport reported hail. I was following this storm into Harris County before calling off my chase (no thanks to chasing in large metro areas), but just before I did, I got this image of a rainbow coming out from the hail core.

CC_ktcOUIAEBcxM.jpg

Archived