joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not disintigrating.  Its the "virga hole".  Check out DOX, its still there.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DOX-N0Q-1-12

Okay thanks for that view!

Same here - nothing brewing

Leading edge over me now and nothing so far.  Will see if anything eventually materializes out of that.

Seeing flurries here from that band

Likewise here, actually very light snow for about the last 20 minutes. A shovelathon today, just came in finally. Beautiful outside, would have been cool to see the full moon on the new snow like wederwarrior said, but it's very bright out anyway. Had some deer stop by and could see them clearly.

What a great day....

(despite staying awake until I saw the first flakes fall at 3am...and then inadvertently sleeping until 11am)!

Can't recall how many times I pondered today how people can't love/appreciate days like this, as we all do!

I guess we're the lucky ones ‼

8.3" Three Tuns PA

I see it as one of nature's gifts. Something about a snowfall, both during and after, like tonight or in the morning.

On the subject of sleep, I'm a little sleep deprived (and sore) here, (2) 2 hour naps last night and a few hours of shoveling today. I did take time to just sit and enjoy it as well :-).

Likewise here, actually very light snow for about the last 20 minutes. A shovelathon today, just came in finally. Beautiful outside, would have been cool to see the full moon on the new snow like wederwarrior said, but it's very bright out anyway. Had some deer stop by and could see them clearly.

And...

by the light of the full moon, some much deserved rest after a hard days work...

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1592549&mode=2

Ended up with 7" in Fleetwood. Very satisfied with that. Seems like everyone cashed in quite nicely which was very rare for this year. So if this is the last storm of the winter I would be fine with it. Total snow cover is up over 15" imby. Up to almost 20" in some uninterrupted spots. 

9" total in Chadds Ford PA.   An excellent storm and in general performed in line with what I was expecting, with the highest totals being within 50 miles of the mason dixon line of about 10".   Southern areas that were modeling with the highest qpf took longer to changeover and had more difficulty accumulating to start and areas to the north certainly experienced higher ratios which buoyed snow totals.   Seems like a storm were generally everyone was happy and those are hard to come by! 

Seen a 10.4" total in King of Prussia (KOP) on the news this morning. So I'm thinking I was in the 8-10" range. Roads were pretty bad early this morning but the March sun is kicking in currently. Only 19.4F now but w/the sun and bright blue clear skies....feels great out.

Parents in Ewing hit 5.7 this morning. 

Airport lows:

PHL   11 (record 10 from 1978)PNE    9LOM    9VAY    2ILG    5 (record 11 from 1926, 1920)PTW    0DYL    5MQS    9WRI    2TTN    6 (record 7 from 1872)MIV    7UKT    5ACY    8 (record 10 from 1888)XLL    9MJX    9RDG    2 (record 7 from 1978)DOV    7ABE    3 (record 7 from 1960, 1948)MPO    0 (record -5 from 1909)GED   13 (record 10 from 1978)

Archived