Grade your winter

BullCityWx

Grade the 2014/2015 winter  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How was your winter

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early to grade here in Avery County in the NC Mountains.    We still have more winter left to play out.

So far overall, it is a C- for snow going into March with the last 2.5 weeks in February turning things around giving us solid snow pack that was missing in December and January.   It is unlikely we will meet our seasonal average unless we get some sizeable snows in March.

Back in January we were running a solid D.   Lot of dust ups and nickle and dime events.

First large snowfall of winter :  November 1 2014 with 2" to 8" dependent on elevation and location.

c- for me.  the mtns normally even in Asheville do better than this, with all the cold air we had and really during that time frame nothing to show for it.  wasted a lot of cold air that could have produced lots of snow.  no where close to enough snow,  I know we're not completely done yet but we are close.

Gallbaldder surgery that left me f'd up, still (F-)

Air Force promotion and Master Meteorologist Badge (A+)

No great dating potentials (C-)

Social life destroyed by increased shift work (undermanned) (F)

Memorized competiion set (snare) for Scottish Pipe Band (B+)

All in all...D+ to C

The last two weeks have pushed it from a D to a B. 

lol my sentiments. i graded a B+ - the last two weeks have had three winter events, snow or ice on the ground for 10 out of 14 days or so, and ice, sleet and snow (including the heaviest snow i have seen in a while).  this grade is based on a "normal" n ga winter and expectations.

however, when grading on the predicted winter forecasts (which i was hopeful for but honestly found hard to believe) i would give a grade of D-

Exactly, I just voted a B- (up from a C after the small ice event). If we happen to get the half inch of freezing rain Thursday I would probably up it B+

If I get 8-10 inches of snow Thursday I'll change my C- to an A, YEP LIKE THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. 

Archived