Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to go to QuikChek for a late night snack before turning in... Then decided to wander over to my grandparents neighborhood instead of heading straight back to my parents house. Almost there, I suddenly realize that there's no lights. Realizing there was some sort of outage, I keep going and not a minute later, spy police lights. Low and behold, a large (at least 40-50 foot) tree branch is down on some wires, and took a whole power pole with it. First time I've actually called into Mt Holly in years (Facebook has made reporting snow easy)

Decided to go to QuikChek for a late night snack before turning in... Then decided to wander over to my grandparents neighborhood instead of heading straight back to my parents house. Almost there, I suddenly realize that there's no lights. Realizing there was some sort of outage, I keep going and not a minute later, spy police lights. Low and behold, a large (at least 40-50 foot) tree branch is down on some wires, and took a whole power pole with it. First time I've actually called into Mt Holly in years (Facebook has made reporting snow easy)

It looked like you guys had a pretty good storm up there. I'm not really big on late night thunderstorms so I'm not too disappointed in missing it.

Probably gonna end up with 0.1-0.2 inches of rain here.

1" on the nose imby :lmao:

The old front using the walker got me on it's last gasp. GFS ftw

Monthly rain is at 2.50" and likely will finish at that number. Not the worst numbers but getting the 2.20" of the months rain in two half hour torrential showers isn't the best for watering the vegetation.

Looks like a heat wave early-mid next week (hopefully the last one). I had enough of Summer...bring on Fall.

Crickets in this sub forum lately. Probably the result of a boring Summer.

First post in this sub forum in a week. Quietest of sub forums. Remind me why we are separate from nyc?

First post in this sub forum in a week. Quietest of sub forums. Remind me why we are separate from nyc?

Not much to talk about. It has been a very uneventful summer. I'm guessing some remanants from Ereka will come here sometime between Wednesday and Friday. Other then that, boring sunny weather and warm. I'd hate to have a winter this boring.

Most of the accounts seem to get active around winter. I guess that's true with all region forums, but it seems especially true in this one. Couple that with a boring summer and it gets extra quiet here. I guess because of the dry conditions allergies are going to be bad...Again. May was terrible. Sore/scratchy throats are so irritating. 

Archived