• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Hey you had the donut hole last night but the end result was the same for you and me. Media picked up .20" from early morning event that's it.

Yeah my doughnut and sprinkles of misses. But rain now is the least of my worries I have to hunt groundhog "My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days".

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storms popping everywhere! Yet the sliver of dry has morphed into the doughnut hole and yup I am in it.

If feel your pain...seriously. We miss out on so many, last night included. According to the guys in the CPA thread, the Harrisburg area got slammed.

If feel your pain...seriously. We miss out on so many, last night included. According to the guys in the CPA thread, the Harrisburg area got slammed.

3 morning thundershowers this season I have to be in the running for biggest storm drought.

In other news today's 40% showers is a fail.

Yeah my doughnut and sprinkles of misses. But rain now is the least of my worries I have to hunt groundhog "My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days".

Watch Caddyshack for some pointers

Anemic thundershower :( about .20" and whatever residual leftovers left to move through[/quote

Let you know what we get im expecting .20 to .55 in that range

Squeezing out some liquid gold here behind the thundershower, up to .55". Not enough but it's a help

At work in Fogelsville it was quite the downpour.  Estimating 4" per hour rates.  The holding pond had tons of water in it for such a short-normal length storm.  It almost looked like a whiteout.  Judging from the stones washed into the road near my house, and I just caught the backend of the radar loop, looks like I got similar here.  I can only estimate .75"-1.20"......but looks like a solid hit.  (yeah I don't have a rain gauge........I used to be anal about it until the early 2000's but it's been so wet year after year in our region since just before Hurricane Floyd I just don't worry about droughts anymore......not like I can do anything about it anyway)

OMG I drove through the downpour leaving from downtown Philly ~3:15 pm today and going along the MLK Drive. There was a heavy shower on Market Street that sent people darting under the bus shelters... And then as I moved west, I watched the ominous clouds roll in out of the west.  When I got near the Art Museum, I saw a good-sized lightning bolt, and as I rolled around Eakins Oval, all hell broke loose.  Nothing but blinding rain and alot of street flooding along the river drives until I got near the Falls Bridge, where there was little or nothing. Didn't get much in MBY but downtown really got crushed.  :maprain:

The wave fragmented around Trenton-Princeton, as usually seems to happen. 

Got .29" on my deck.  Better than nothing, and it was nice to have a brief freshening of the air.

A humid night, and the katydids sound happy, for sure.

Last night was awesome outside (around 11 pm): a bit cooler, almost a full moon, a lot of mist around, you could see the moon beams coming through the trees, and the katydids were having a party.

Last night was awesome outside (around 11 pm): a bit cooler, almost a full moon, a lot of mist around, you could see the moon beams coming through the trees, and the katydids were having a party.

Since I moved back from the Bay Area in late 2003, the nights of late summer have become among the favorite times for enjoying Nature.  We're  just about "over the hump" climatologically, although August can be a doozy, and Fall is not far away.  Lucky are those who can shut off the A/C and listen to the outdoors.  Even the warm muggy nights can be fun then.  

Archived