Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just that it's newer. It also doesn't handle as many commuters and it doesn't have as many lines. The system is much easier to handle and maintain.

How difficult would it be to pick up a mop once in awhile?

And if the NYCTA workers don't want to do it, get some prisoners or people on community service to do it.

Bottom line is, if "NewYorkers" want to be ignorant and put down NJ for being "dirty" maybe they should look in the mirror first. 

If you all you ever see is the NJ Turnpike and draw conclusions then you're in the same boat as the people that only saw the filthy. rat infested subways.

A good read by Judah Cohen and Jason Furtado from the Washington Post - "How climate change may be producing more blockbuster snowstorms"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/03/09/how-climate-change-may-be-producing-more-blockbuster-snowstorms/

Their hypothesis that climate change may be producing warming that "brings the atmosphere closer to the 'optimal' profile to generate heavy snowfalls" is quite interesting. Hopefully, there will be the additional research they suggest needs to be done to better understand what is happening, including the possible roles natural variability and climate change may be playing.

How difficult would it be to pick up a mop once in awhile?

And if the NYCTA workers don't want to do it, get some prisoners or people on community service to do it.

Bottom line is, if "NewYorkers" want to be ignorant and put down NJ for being "dirty" maybe they should look in the mirror first.

If you all you ever see is the NJ Turnpike and draw conclusions then you're in the same boat as the people that only saw the filthy. rat infested subways.

Lol

Beautiful outside...do not understand why people like bone chilling cold and constant snowpack...my energy levels are through the roof the past two days..keep on chuggin spring

It is beautiful outside and I can't wait to shut off the heat. I just don't want a scorching spring/summer. NYC and heat are NOT a good combo.

It is beautiful outside and I can't wait to shut off the heat. I just don't want a scorching spring/summer. NYC and heat are NOT a good combo.

i am predicting a very very hot and humid summer. Very warm spring. This is why I like the cold and snow. I expect May and June to be very hot. July to be very wet and August to stay warm until about mid October! April should be above average with dry conditions! May and June should be dry as well. Enjoy it!

I'm tired of paying so much for my utilities and my mother's. My brother lives in San Francisco, and pays less than me. They used to be number one in utility costs, guess not anymore.

Beautiful outside...do not understand why people like bone chilling cold and constant snowpack...my energy levels are through the roof the past two days..keep on chuggin spring

They are sadomasochistic freaks, maybe they have free money or too much money and are not affected by real world struggles. Such as paying insane bills for oil.. heat. OR they just sit inside an office or house all day looking out the window. Me im with you. HATE IT, im done.. END THIS SNOW PACK AND BALL FREEZING COLD.

i am predicting a very very hot and humid summer. Very warm spring. This is why I like the cold and snow. I expect May and June to be very hot. July to be very wet and August to stay warm until about mid October! April should be above average with dry conditions! May and June should be dry as well. Enjoy it!

depends on the EPO.  If we have a similar pattern to last year, it's not going to be hot.   That warm pool of water favoring the -EPO doesn't look to be going anywhere soon.

i don't think we escape the ao drop without more snow. sry

If the AO drop is real this time and not the GEFS screwing up a projected huge drop negative that doesn't really happen, then I agree. I'd be shocked if we make it through the next 23 days (April 1st) without another snow event

They are sadomasochistic freaks, maybe they have free money or too much money and are not affected by real world struggles. Such as paying insane bills for oil.. heat. OR they just sit inside an office or house all day looking out the window. Me im with you. HATE IT, im done.. END THIS SNOW PACK AND BALL FREEZING COLD.

There are a couple of us on here who make our livings from snow. I for one see my income more then double when there is a snowy period.

As far as working outside year round the cold is just awful. There is nothing at all fun about working outside when the temp is below 10. You can wear all the layers you want but after a couple hours it gets to you.

Extreme heat is the same way. Ideally it would snow continually at 32 for me!!

Guest Pamela

I delight in the snow & the cold...and you are like soo right...all my bills just pay themselves!!!

*rolls her eyes*

Any time you can get one of the transition months to break cold, I'll take it. Winter is short enough around here...don't need 50+ in March imo. It'll be warm soon enough.

Archived