• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS 03/01-03/02/2015 March Lion Event

Been checking out your obs up there -- got relatives that had to fly from sunny Marco Island FL back home to Hatboro today for a funeral.  They landed at 7pm at Trenton and are making the drive now.  Hope they are safe -- sounds really icy.

Hope so too - they should be if they take their time. Not too much traffic (around here anyway) from what I've seen. What a shock to the system, lol.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many reports from local folks here in the Township (East Nantmeal) of roads being mighty bad....good thing I went out just before dark and plowed and shoveled. I just tried to go out and clear my deck and it is solid packed snow/ice. Significant weight on the trees and bushes in the area. The local school district just called with a 2 hour delay....so my little ones are happy,

Good news is the precip has stopped.

Temp is at 29.2

32 degrees outside.  Good 0.25 inch ice accumulation out there.  I went out and broke up the crusty frozen slop. Broke up pretty easy. But definitely very icy out there. If your not careful, you'll go flying up and landing square on your back.  Got my car cleaned off. Hopefully, everyone got a chance to do that tonight versus waiting in the morning.  

Thankfully, the winds are calm.  Otherwise, be a ton more power outages...

OBS

Mist & fog

Tmep 35.2F

Winds calm

Got about 0.1" ice that managed to coat branches and cold surfaces.  Was surprised it wasn't worse considering how long the freezing rain lasted (there wasn't much sleet at my spot), but it seems that the surfaces were a bit warmer during the storm than expected...

Getting home from work after a 13 hr overnight shift to shovel this slop was terrible. Looks like we got an inch of snow with plenty of crust on top in NE Philly. Probly .10 or so of ice accretion. I love snow as much as most on this site but I'll take plain rain over this crap any day.

odds are you'll get nailed by ice chunks falling.

I drove my wife to work and had to dodge flying ice chunks coming from the tops of cars and trucks.  That was, uh, "fun".

Hoping the sun will melt off the 1/2 inch or so of sleet/zr concrete on my driveway and sidewalk.  I shoveled everything right after the snow changed to sleet yesterday, but now I'm thinking I should have waited until precip ended completely.

I drove my wife to work and had to dodge flying ice chunks coming from the tops of cars and trucks.  That was, uh, "fun".

Hoping the sun will melt off the 1/2 inch or so of sleet/zr concrete on my driveway and sidewalk.  I shoveled everything right after the snow changed to sleet yesterday, but now I'm thinking I should have waited until precip ended completely.

Ditto...

I think the March sun (non shaded) will melt things completely (driveway/sidewalks) Told my Dad not to do anything and I'll be over later. Worse case scenario, there will be less and soft/slushy but probably gone.  

Archived