• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March to Spring 2015? Models/Forecasts for March in the Valley.

John1122

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sinking south with each run and probably will for the next 48 hours or so, then it'll probably creep back north. It may take some luck to get the cold front to stall out East of the Apps rather than along the spine. As of now the ridging off the SE is displaced enough to allow cold to penetrate all the way to the Outer banks.

GFS shifted S by the looks,cuts tri off somewhat.But it's a perfect track for us in middle to west,we want systems tracking trough around Montgomery

I would assume we see an even further south shift. Nothing drastic but we have seen all winter the subtropical ridge trend weaker as we get closer . It's already started on the GFS and that's why each run keeps trending a little further south

I would assume we see an even further south shift. Nothing drastic but we have seen all winter the subtropical ridge trend weaker as we get closer . It's already started on the GFS and that's why each run keeps trending a little further south

Yeah it retrograded to the E a hair,nothing to be concerned about right now

I agree my point was a little further south would be better for tenn as it would take the ice threat further south into miss and ala

Not trying to wishcast but we've seen storms all winter being stronger than advertised before they get to the coast,even the GFS 18z hinted at this when the storm gets to the SC/GA border it's 2mb stronger than the 12z,This would pour more colder air in for us

Archived