• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/1 CAD Event Discussion

JoshM

I like camping so being without power doesn't really bother me, and I have a wood burning fireplace. I just love the craziness of the explosion of limbs, trees, and transformers. It looks like constant lightning for a few hours until all the transformers are destroyed.

Speaking of lightning, how'd that THUNDERSNOW work out for us? I think they had a storm in Florence or something? The 0z GFS was dry for this, anxiously awaiting UKMet , CMC, to breathe life into this!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For real, you have to pay 9.99 for that roof breaking heavy solar eclipse snow miller A snow storm. I love to make websites with dot com domains, never show up in a forum that my name was born on during an event and continue to charge 9.99 to everyone to read my thoughts. Guess I chose the right year (2010) to launch my site the following year? IDK!

But I tell you, there will be roof breaking snow on that 10,000% hype level. JB is my mentor!

Hype sells, don't hate the player hate the game.

Speaking of lightning, how'd that THUNDERSNOW work out for us? I think they had a storm in Florence or something? The 0z GFS was dry for this, anxiously awaiting UKMet , CMC, to breathe life into this!

The best part of yesterday was the severe storm going south of Waycross. :)

No go on the Canadian.  NAM and Euro stands alone (EE rule ftw).  Well, until the new Euro rolls in.

I like camping so being without power doesn't really bother me, and I have a wood burning fireplace.  I just love the craziness of the explosion of limbs, trees, and transformers.  It looks like constant lightning for a few hours until all the transformers are destroyed.

Man, that wood burning place sucks without power to get that motor to push out air from the vents.  I have one too. :/

Hype sells, don't hate the player hate the game.

Hell yeah man.  If you and I created a site for ATL (your side) and GSP/CAE my side.. we will make millions.

I'm a  web developer/network security guy.  we can have one going in absolutely no time. I already have a server to host the domain/site along with marketing skills!  That Internet Marketing thing works!

lol you should go check out a different radar and compare.  Intellicast is for when you want to make yourself feel better about a dryslot not being as bad as it really is.

I have learned the interactive radar from Intellicast isn't too bad.  It's here: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?basemap=0014&layers=0040,0039,0017

Y'all don't understand , if it's a full moon, it will be sleet. If it's a new moon, it will be freezing rain. Only on the first quarter moon, can you get snow. Only on the last quarter phase, you get rain. If it's a half moon, you get nothing! Anybody got the phase for Sun?

you left out the most important phase for us Southerners...the Blue Moon!!!

For the record, we are in the last quarter phase right now,,,,rain it will be!!

Looking at the 12z NAM it looks like temps will be close with the best chances for NW NC. The big news is the pronounced CAD that will stay locked going into early next week. That would stop(or put off) any currently forecasted warm up. Theme of this winter is cold and wet:

Hour 72 surface temps:

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=02&model_dd=27&model_init_hh=12&fhour=72&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Looking at the 12z NAM it looks like temps will be close with the best chances for NW NC. The big news is the pronounced CAD that will stay locked going into early next week. That would stop(or put off) any currently forecasted warm up. Theme of this winter is cold and wet:

Hour 72 surface temps:

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=02&model_dd=27&model_init_hh=12&fhour=72&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

That's the good news from my perspective for ATL. Despite me continuing to see no ZR threat from this at ATL, very nice wedging looks to keep it wintry (damp and cool) this weekend.

If it comes in early enough Sunday, may definately be a few surprises! Can't wait to hear the local mets thoughts?! Only 2 days away and probably a little hesitant to sound the alarms!

Mack,

If I were you,  I'd strongly consider sounding the alarms ASAP. I think that the folks in upstate SC need to be prepared for a potential high impact. Do not take this lightly! This may dwarf anything seen this winter! At the same time, I recommend you have people sit down before telling them.

;)

lol - i didnt really even know about this until someone mentioned it at work.  with the models the way they have been, guess i will tune back in about 5 PM saturday to see how things stand.

personally, i as we are getting into march, ice events are just not that common. of course it can happen, but confidence is very low simply as it is so late in the season.

lol - i didnt really even know about this until someone mentioned it at work.  with the models the way they have been, guess i will tune back in about 5 PM saturday to see how things stand.

personally, i as we are getting into march, ice events are just not that common. of course it can happen, but confidence is very low simply as it is so late in the season.

Yeah, though this one looks pretty benign at worst for NE GA, in general N GA can still get them. Even back in ATL, there was one as late as 3/25/1971 though that one may have given your area very heavy snow.

ATL MAR major ZR's:

- 3/6/1948

- 3/2/1960

- 3/9/1960

- 3/25/1971

Mack,

If I were you, I'd strongly consider sounding the alarms ASAP. I think that the folks in upstate SC need to be prepared for a potential high impact. Do not take this lightly! This may dwarf anything seen this winter! At the same time, I recommend you have people sit down before telling them.

;)

You serious Clark ? I've got John C . On conference call right now with: Robert, JB, Tom Mizzel,and DT! I'm thinking I tell them to send Jim Cantore to Simpsonvllle , as it looks like ground zero at the moment!

You serious Clark ? I've got John C . On conference call right now with: Robert, JB, Tom Mizzel,and DT! I'm thinking I tell them to send Jim Cantore to Simpsonvllle , as it looks like ground zero at the moment!

Mack,

Glen Burns has asked if he could join the conference call. He wants to shows what his in-house model shows since it did so well with 2/25.

That will be fine, I'll bring him in and I will give Cheeze a ring, we need a level head to temper all the hype!

Good thinking about Cheeze. Also, maybe I could get Ken Cook to come out of retirement, assuming you don't object, to join the party. He's pretty conservative/level-headed. You ought to sell tickets to this event. With a who's who of SC/GA mets, I bet many weenies would pay to hear them.

You reckon we can coax JB to come down here? He's on a big roll right now. So, his name is gold.

Archived