• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/1 CAD Event Discussion

JoshM

Agree 100% I think any warm up will be short lived, then trough comes back in the east. I heard A Met today talking about March 14-24 time frame for cold in the east again... I'm not saying it will deliver winter weather in the SE!  But probably good chance that March will average out a cold month also...

That's what I'm going with.  10 days or less for the pattern to return, and cold again.  Bookend winter..Cold Nov. cold Mar.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be the greatest winter storm of my life.

I would laugh pretty hard if this trended into something bigger.  Not many giving this one a chance.  I want my inch of fzrn.  Too bad we can't get a 1040+ HP when we really need it.

Just checked GSP's forecast and they do have a chance of fzrn Saturday night and Sunday.

I would laugh pretty hard if this trended into something bigger. Not many giving this one a chance. I want my inch of fzrn. Too bad we can't get a 1040+ HP when we really need it.

Just checked GSP's forecast and they do have a chance of fzrn Saturday night and Sunday.

I don't know where the moisture is going to come from. We'll be lucky to get drizzle.

I do have faith that Roanoke will somehow do well, though. :);)

I would laugh pretty hard if this trended into something bigger. Not many giving this one a chance. I want my inch of fzrn. Too bad we can't get a 1040+ HP when we really need it.

It will be locked in and in perfect position and we will get .02 of QPF , that's how we roll!

It's going to be nocturnally driven :whistle:

Do we have a full moon?  I think what might be meant is lunar-induced lift.  When we have a full moon, the moon's gravity is enough to induce additional lift in the atmosphere and generate additional precipitation.

:lmao:

(No, no, I don't believe what I spewed above, before anyone gets any ideas ;))

Our favorite, SREF, is showing mean of 0.18" with a 47.11% of fzrn. Big cluster of qpf totals higher than the mean. Just throwing that out there since it did so well for this last storm. It must be picking up on the lunar induced lift.

Y'all don't understand , if it's a full moon, it will be sleet. If it's a new moon, it will be freezing rain. Only on the first quarter moon, can you get snow. Only on the last quarter phase, you get rain. If it's a half moon, you get nothing! Anybody got the phase for Sun?

Our favorite, SREF, is showing mean of 0.18" with a 47.11% of fzrn.  Big cluster of qpf totals higher than the mean.  Just throwing that out there since it did so well for this last storm.  It must be picking up on the lunar induced lift.

Yep, looks like it.  This is gonna be the big one, guys!!! :yikes:

Y'all don't understand , if it's a full moon, it will be sleet. If it's a new moon, it will be freezing rain. Only on the first quarter moon, can you get snow. Only on the last quarter phase, you get rain. If it's a half moon, you get nothing! Anybody got the phase for Sun?

You got any analogs with regards to the moon phases? :lol:

Sounds like more wishcasting going on here in this thread.  MARGINAL at best.... most will see cold rain bead up into little tiny water droplets at 34 and come on here claiming freezing rain.

Nah, not wishcasting.  I'm not sure there's been a serious post in this thread.

Why can't we once get a solar eclipse to occur when we get a miller a.  Nothing ever works out for us.  This would be huge for this time of the year when sun angle is killer.

For real, you have to pay 9.99 for that roof breaking heavy solar eclipse snow miller A snow storm.   I love to make websites with dot com domains, never show up in a forum that my name was born on during an event and continue to charge 9.99 to everyone to read my thoughts.  Guess I chose the right year (2010) to launch my site the following year? IDK!

But I tell you, there will be roof breaking snow on that 10,000% hype level.  JB is my mentor!

I'm thinking about buy some of those cloud seeding rockets off the Chinese black market to launch during our next cold snap.

I was walking through my hallway the other night... and thought to myself "What if I created a cold dome over the house?" for precip to fall into and at least freeze... then I thought "waste, b/c it wouldnt be the same"

:(

That right there sums up how I feel about this event and Winter as a whole.  But I tell ya... if you can pay me some money I will get you some forecast snow.

Anyway, event is already dead (something major?).  Why is this thread here?

I was walking through my hallway the other night... and thought to myself "What if I created a cold dome over the house?" for precip to fall into and at least freeze... then I thought "waste, b/c it wouldnt be the same"

That right there sums up how I feel about this event and Winter as a whole.  But I tell ya... if you can pay me some money I will get you some forecast snow.

I've been watching videos on how to make snow.  I'm gonna give it a go next winter.  How much would it cost me for 2" of fzrn?

I've been watching videos on how to make snow.  I'm gonna give it a go next winter.  How much would it cost me for 2" of fzrn?

I hope you get your 1" ZR.  Have fun with all of that man.  I think within 12 hours, you'd try to walk up/drive the street to get to the closest power source to actually realize your area is screwed.  By then, you would try to walk over to Jburn's house.. walk into one of his anti-human traps and die.

PS. Don't waste your time at buckeye's house... her husband will just try to shoot you. :|  Maybe mackerel can help you out if all else fails... I'd recommend Lookout's home; but hes highly volatile and may take his snow aggression out on you in a bad way.

I hope you get your 1" ZR.  Have fun with all of that man.  I think within 12 hours, you'd try to walk up/drive the street to get to the closest power source to actually realize your area is screwed.  By then, you would try to walk over to Jburn's house.. walk into one of his anti-human traps and die.

PS. Don't waste your time at buckeye's house... her husband will just try to shoot you. :|  Maybe mackerel can help you out if all else fails.

I like camping so being without power doesn't really bother me, and I have a wood burning fireplace.  I just love the craziness of the explosion of limbs, trees, and transformers.  It looks like constant lightning for a few hours until all the transformers are destroyed.

Archived