SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm Feb 25-26 Obs

Mr Bob

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up w/ about 3.5 - 4" of new snow after a very slow start to the storm. The driveway piles(where the snow has been shoveled) will take a couple of weeks to melt. What a great couple of weeks of winter weather. January 2014 will be remembered for extended cold and snow. And February 2015 will be remembered as a great winter month for the Valley, maybe the best 10-11 days of winter seen in a long, long time. This morning, as I shoveled the sidewalk, and owl hooted somewhere in the distance. Birds were chirping. Seemed like a spring day...w/ snowpack. I am hopeful someday not too far away as I write a winter storm obs, I will have to ask myself this fantastic question again, "Is snowpack one word or two."

I always seen it just spelled snowpack. Snow-pack just looks plain weird to me.

Spring is around the corner! I think this is our last one unless a ULL hits us. I'm worried about flooding next week. 0z GFS had 2-3 inches of rain for us starting Monday. Especially I'm worried about Lee and Wise counties where around 2 feet is still on the ground. Probably going to see our first thunderstorms of the year. This weekend will be a good chance to clean out.

I know people get sick of pics but here are a few I just took at my house.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Lol. Salt life! I've been living the salt life the last two weeks. Too bad the 4 bags of salt I put on the driveway yesterday didn't help a darn bit!

Those Downtown Chattanooga pictures are so beautiful. Everyone posted gorgeous pictures from everywhere. My tree pics are not that great since I waited too long for the sun, so will share the obligatory back deck photo. I measured about 6 inches but mid-morning after some settling. Going to book 7 inches IMBY southern East Brainerd just a little more than the 6.3 at the airport. Very happy for everyone over achieving from the Plateau east. Figured it would find a way to work out. Cheers!

post-2545-0-27990800-1425006334_thumb.jp

Archived