• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Who would you like to meet most in person from this subforum?

LongBeachSurfFreak

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry brother.. I searched and couldn't find a post if yours ha. That's awesome. I know the Sturgeon is around. You remember which ship?

Nah don't remember specifics...we have a 60ft Boston whaler fire boat that covers an entire stretch of the Hudson from the bear mt bridge to the mid Hudson, along with Newburgh FD, and there's been a few times we have had to board a USCG ship for medical emergencies... Most recent was an allergic reaction of a crew member this past summer.. Quad 120hp Mercury engines on that whaler really flies ;) lmao

Nah don't remember specifics...we have a 60ft Boston whaler fire boat that covers an entire stretch of the Hudson from the bear mt bridge to the mid Hudson, along with Newburgh FD, and there's been a few times we have had to board a USCG ship for medical emergencies... Most recent was an allergic reaction of a crew member this past summer.. Quad 120hp Mercury engines on that whaler really flies ;) lmao

Quad mercury on a 60 foot would definitely outperform our 140 foot diesel engines ice cutter Lol. That being said, yes, you guys help us out alot, as is much appreciated. That thing is pretty nimble too eh?

I'm just a local volunteer.

Volunteers are very impressive. You guys are deserve all the recognition. I volunteer in my home community when I'm around and I'm trained as a FF, but the majority of the calls they use me as a medic. Our FF are some of the bravest people I know (I included you and Ulster in that as well.)

Volunteers are very impressive. You guys are deserve all the recognition. I volunteer in my home community when I'm around and I'm trained as a FF, but the majority of the calls they use me as a medic. Our FF are some of the bravest people I know (I included you and Ulster in that as well.)

Thanks, I think what you guys do is more impressive. I wouldn't want to be jumping out of a helicopter into angry seas in order to make a save. And I wouldn't want to be riding out a hurricane on a ship turned bathtub toy.

Firefighters run into burning buildings when everyone else is running out. It takes a special kind of individual to do that job, just like being a cop or a medic or in the military. 

Being a volunteer, we obviously don't get paid. Everything we do is for the benefit of the community and the citizens. 

Thanks, I think what you guys do is more impressive. I wouldn't want to be jumping out of a helicopter into angry seas in order to make a save. And I wouldn't want to be riding out a hurricane on a ship turned bathtub toy.

Firefighters run into burning buildings when everyone else is running out. It takes a special kind of individual to do that job, just like being a cop or a medic or in the military.

Being a volunteer, we obviously don't get paid. Everything we do is for the benefit of the community and the citizens.

Ty for the kind words. Yes volunteers do it for the sheer benefit of the community. Takes a special person.

I'd like to toe the line with BxEngine outside Newburgh Brewing, as previously discussed (Go Irish!), and then let him buy me as beer as SNYWX patches him up. Of course the NW thread crowd, and anyone else interested, could come hang out as well. :drunk:

Lol.. Off duty sorry I can watch though then again that damn duty to act law always gets us :)

Archived