• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 21-22 Storm Observations

Rtd208

Any of the Edison area folks care to weigh in?  Had 2" on the ground here at 6 pm, when I left for a major party in New Brunswick and was partying/dancing until 2 am and got home and just slept, so I have no idea what we got.  I do know the snow changed to ZR around 9:30 pm in NB and accreted to about 0.2" until about 1 am when the temp finally hit 33F.  Saw a 4" report on the PNS for Metuchen.  Any other reports?

By the way, if you're over 40 and you were into alternative/punk musice in the 80s/90s, the Melody Bar in NB was the center of the universe, especially when Matt Pinfield of eventual MTV fame as host of 120 Minutes, was spinning there (from 83 to about 94) - bar closed in 2001, but we've been having "reunions" for 9 years now with 300+ people showing up and dancing all night. 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC 4.0"

LGA 4.1"

JFK 4.5"

BDR 4.0"

EWR 4.4"

I measured 4.5 in Astoria before the sleet/freezing rain beat it down. Now losing more to the sun and above freezing temps.  

But on the plus side, my car is dug out.  I feel sorry for the poor bastards parked on the right hand side of the street who aren't out there right now digging their cars out.  Tomorrow it will be like cement.

I measured 4.5 in Astoria before the sleet/freezing rain beat it down. Now losing more to the sun and above freezing temps.  

But on the plus side, my car is dug out.  I feel sorry for the poor bastards parked on the right hand side of the street who aren't out there right now digging their cars out.  Tomorrow it will be like cement.

There's a guy across the street from me attacking the ice with an ax.

But on the plus side, my car is dug out. I feel sorry for the poor bastards parked on the right hand side of the street who aren't out there right now digging their cars out. Tomorrow it will be like cement.

How about the .5"-1" we got from 5am to 7am?

Archived