joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic Blast Disc/Obs February 19-20, 2015

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lower spots continue to radiate as expected and will not be surprised to see quite a few sub zero readings before we all begin to rebound overnight....slightly higher spots like mine will begin to rise a bit quicker as some warm air advection slowly begins to kick in....

Currently down to 4.4 here but not dropping too quickly as we approach the 11pm hour

Lower spots continue to radiate as expected and will not be surprised to see quite a few sub zero readings before we all begin to rebound overnight....slightly higher spots like mine will begin to rise a bit quicker as some warm air advection slowly begins to kick in....

Currently down to 4.4 here but not dropping too quickly as we approach the 11pm hour

Same here as of 11pm...

post-513-0-00490500-1424491292_thumb.jpg

Wow.  Temps seem so random.  That -2 in Gloucester County looks like Glassboro?  Which is only a couple miles from me and it's 7F here. 

Radiational cooling nights are like that.  Site characteristics tend to dominate the temperatures.  Rural, open, dry sites radiate well.  Urban sites or sites near water do poorly.  And of course, there are locations with a mixture of characteristics right near the site.

Yes, I think that -2 is Glassboro.

Pretty cool to see that down in rather flat southern New Jersey. I see it a lot, especially during WAA events where it can be as much as 15 degrees warmer in normally cold Hazleton than where I live just 12 miles away, but 800 ft lower.

Finished the "plunge" last night at -7, and have now rebounded back to +1.

Radiational cooling nights are like that.  Site characteristics tend to dominate the temperatures.  Rural, open, dry sites radiate well.  Urban sites or sites near water do poorly.  And of course, there are locations with a mixture of characteristics right near the site.

Yes, I think that -2 is Glassboro.

Yeah, know this all too well from riding motorcycles.  Freeze my ass off one second, and back to being warm the next (with a fogged up visor).  

Still surprised to see Glassboro so much colder.  Of course, the site could be in the middle of field for all I know.  

Archived