• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snow/ice/rain from coastal OBS Friday/Saturday 1/23-24/2015

famartin

Wow way more than we have down here in the low country of Delaware County Media  2.3" with robbins chirping in the background while shoveling slop that weighs a ton!!  34.2 degrees with drizzle.. Great to see the ground white even if it did rain for most of the night here after 12:45 AM... Bring on the colder storm Sunday Night into Monday

Great to see 6"+ amounts not far away just goes to show you at least for north and west it can:

1.  Snow without a big cold high

2.  Snow with a +NAO

3.  Snow with above normal ocean temps etc etc.

Love proving myself wrong it has been a humbling experience since late December and weather will keep your humble or at least it should!!

Even here along the coast!!! (Although I'm further inland in NW Monmouth County but still)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that the truth!

I was pleasantly surprised since I had set the bar at 1 inch here.

There's snow on the ground, what's not to like?

eta: speaking of low country, what's your elevation there? I'm at 370'....

Media where I am just above Baltimore Pike along the Route 252 Corridor sits at 364 ft its a no wonder our observations are almost identical...since your are just southwest your reports really help me know what to expect as you were reporting last night the same exact would happen here like 10-15 minutes later.

Anyone else noticing how low the pressure is right now.... now my home barometer shows 29.23 and falling I know that can't be right considering National Weather Service has 29.49 at the Airport and Weatherunderground showing 29.44 in Media??? what gives!!  Or is this a sign of something bigger coming??

Also noticing some precip rain snow etc breaking out in DC and west of Baltimore.

Anyone else noticing how low the pressure is right now.... now my home barometer shows 29.23 and falling I know that can't be right considering National Weather Service has 29.49 at the Airport and Weatherunderground showing 29.44 in Media??? what gives!!  Or is this a sign of something bigger coming??

Also noticing some precip rain snow etc breaking out in DC and west of Baltimore.

Pressure at the airport is down to 29.39. 

Media where I am just above Baltimore Pike along the Route 252 Corridor sits at 364 ft its a no wonder our observations are almost identical...since your are just southwest your reports really help me know what to expect as you were reporting last night the same exact would happen here like 10-15 minutes later.

Yeah, that's cool. Last night the extra 2 or 3 miles of latitude you have made a difference...

Even here along the coast!!! (Although I'm further inland in NW Monmouth County but still)

I don't think of Marlboro, 10-12 miles inland from the ocean, being "along the coast," although it is SE of I-95 and even getting 4-6" of snow in the I-95 corridor north of about 195 and even 10 miles east of the TPK in Marlboro is still pretty cool without serious cold air in place.  Nice to get an overperforming storm.  

Ray I am down to 29.15 now??  some wind now mixing the air a bit. call it 10-15 after being dead calm with snizzle

You would need to compare all your readings.  Do you do CWOP per chance?  They have some nice graphs which can help identify pressure problems.

Archived