joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this mornings 6z GFS I had my hopes up for a 6" storm but todays 12z GFS put the nail in the coffin for me. Not saying we couldnt get an inch or two out of it, but a SECS is off the table.

That being said the pattern looks very good in the LR id be shocked if we didnt get a 6" storm by season end

After this mornings 6z GFS I had my hopes up for a 6" storm but todays 12z GFS put the nail in the coffin for me. Not saying we couldnt get an inch or two out of it, but a SECS is off the table.

That being said the pattern looks very good in the LR id be shocked if we didnt get a 6" storm by season end

You are putting a nail in the coffin... No SECS- off the table... based on a single run of....the GFS?? 

It still looks potentially interesting on 18z GFS.

It's odd how this 1024 High Pressure....is gettin squeeze-played by everything around it.  And could help weaken the High....thus, increasing the chances of some further north development.   

strange also to have 2 separate clipper systems so close to each other. 

post-9750-0-45326600-1422050706_thumb.gi

post-9750-0-54238200-1422050854_thumb.gi

It is the progressive nature of the pattern. The vorticity is trying to round the bend but A) there is no blocking & B) there is energy on its heels that isn't allowing it turn the corner thus it kind of meanders SE off the coast. Another what could have been storm though we could still cash in a few inches

HM in a post on twitter a few minutes ago referred to it as a Saskatchewan Screamer, just so you know (based on the Canadian province it enters the US from). lol at the names.

Anyone else noticing how low the pressure is right now.... now my home barometer shows 29.23 and falling I know that can't be right considering National Weather Service has 29.49 at the Airport and Weatherunderground showing 29.44 in Media??? what gives!!  Or is this a sign of something bigger coming??

Also noticing some precip rain snow etc breaking out in DC and west of Baltimore.

Anyone else noticing how low the pressure is right now.... now my home barometer shows 29.23 and falling I know that can't be right considering National Weather Service has 29.49 at the Airport and Weatherunderground showing 29.44 in Media??? what gives!!  Or is this a sign of something bigger coming??

Also noticing some precip rain snow etc breaking out in DC and west of Baltimore.

I doubt this is correct but mine's reading 29.19, lol. Yikes.

Archived