• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

Lets discuss the potential clipper system coastal storm on Monday or Monday night in this thread. Although the models show the storm out to sea right now.... the key will be how much height rises occur ahead of the Saturday snowstorm. It is not certain it will be a miss right now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the total including the one on Saturday. The Monday event is not a 12+ inches event...yet.

You're correct. The weekend event on the GFS gives barely 1" to NYC though and NNJ and 2-4" for Long Island. (So for the NYC area, over 90% of what it shows is from this event). Nonetheless, it is very big subtracting whatever it shows from the system before it

What the gfs shows is the kind of storm to watch in this pattern as we continue to see clippers dive south. Occasionally a clipper is very strong and actually redevelops and bombs in the form of a miller B akin to the 06z gfs. Whether it turns out that way remains to be seen but gfs does much better with northern stream systems so I would lean more toward the gfs than the euro in this case. 

This may be a slow moving system because of what`s in front of it .

I don't remember dates like most of you folks but I remember a similar deal that is possible here. What looked to be a big storm(Saturday) fizzle only to have the big one follow a few days later. I will gladly sacrifice Saturday to get the mother storm Monday... Lol

To be honest, this one I'm concerned about it trending too far north. I can see us gradually becoming the "southern edge" of heavier snows, and seeing that southern edge lift north of us

Way more risk this goes south, the NAM and GFS being similar at 84 tells you thats somewhat possible since the NAM would typicall be N and W of the GFS at that range.

Archived