SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Amateur predictions for 1/24 storm

BxEngine

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with sooo much experience under my belt of snow to rain storms on Long Island. I can't think of many where the snow didn't take a big hit when the warm air and rain took over. Maybe you North of the Terminal Moraine guys will be a different story. 

They had about 50 feet of snow / 600 inches out at Upton the last 14 years...so I guess it *does* actually snow from time to time on Long Island. 

They had about 50 feet of snow / 600 inches out at Upton the last 14 years...so I guess it *does* actually snow from time to time on Long Island.

Where jm used to live and you live (throw in uptown with you) might as well be different planets snow wise. We have been through this a million times. Long beach is the least snowy place in the whole of NY state

Where jm used to live and you live (throw in uptown with you) might as well be different planets snow wise. We have been through this a million times. Long beach is the least snowy place in the whole of NY state

Yeah but its fun to rehash!

And with sooo much experience under my belt of snow to rain storms on Long Island. I can't think of many where the snow didn't take a big hit when the warm air and rain took over. Maybe you North of the Terminal Moraine guys will be a different story.

You lived in Long Beach! Lol

I see what you're saying and it's true a lot of the time but it's crazy sometimes what can happen only a few miles from the beach.

I guess. At least jm will not be there for the pain tomorrow. And neither will I. I fully expect 2" of slush to rain at home and 5" of snow to ice at work. 30 miles and a different world

If that is the worst pain you should ever endure...count yourself blessed...lol.

When I was younger...and I complained about this type of thing my dad would always say, "You lead a very hard life, I must say!"  <Dripping with sarcasm>

I may have had my share of misfortune in this life...but I had the most excellent of father's...no doubt about it.  He was a hundred times smarter than me and treated his wife and child as well as a person possibly could. 

You lived in Long Beach! Lol

I see what you're saying and it's true a lot of the time but it's crazy sometimes what can happen only a few miles from the beach.

It's not often that Long Beach is completely in its own world like last Feb 13th. In 2010-11 we had just about as much snow as anyone else, same with the year before and after. We weren't even that far behind everyone else last year. It just so happened that the Feb 13th storm shafted us big time, but in other storms we did well. Coastal fronts sometimes stop a few miles inland and warm Long Beach and the marshes up but not north of Sunrise Highway, but storms aren't usually that discriminating between us and at least up to Old Country Road/Northern State. 

Well hopefully I'm wrong, although I don't have a dog in the fight anymore-my experience with this storm was cold rain over the past 36 hours with some snowflakes mixed in this morning at my new office where the Hill Country starts. I'm pretty much where Upton and the consensus is at this point. If the NAM turns out to be right there could be some good surprises, we'll all see in a few hours I guess. I'm not always a downer, I've been bullish before.

Well hopefully I'm wrong, although I don't have a dog in the fight anymore-my experience with this storm was cold rain over the past 36 hours with some snowflakes mixed in this morning at my new office where the Hill Country starts. I'm pretty much where Upton and the consensus is at this point. If the NAM turns out to be right there could be some good surprises, we'll all see in a few hours I guess. I'm not always a downer, I've been bullish before.

Do you like it down there and what do you do?  Tell me its none of my biz and I'll have no problem with it  :)

Do you like it down there and what do you do?  Tell me its none of my biz and I'll have no problem with it  :)

I help people make money from sucking up brown goo from under the ground and selling it. The brown goo market has taken a tumble over the last few months so my relocation down here might not be for too long, but I'll see where it takes me. So far I like it down here but my first trip to Austin was when I went for my interview last month so I know next to nothing about it and knew no one here before coming down (I know a good number of Dallas/Houston guys). 

I help people make money from sucking up brown goo from under the ground and selling it. The brown goo market has taken a tumble over the last few months so my relocation down here might not be for too long, but I'll see where it takes me. So far I like it down here but my first trip to Austin was when I went for my interview last month so I know next to nothing about it and knew no one here before coming down (I know a good number of Dallas/Houston guys). 

Good for you...lot of money to be made there...black gold, as they say. 

Nice. I'm glad you like it down there. Don't be a stranger in this subforum.

Archived