• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal low 1/24 can this get winter going?

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

question for pro's ......the warmer waters off the east coast are going to play some kind of role, grant it not 80 degree water but above normal for any storm that rides up to coast to blow up, how is that factored into the models and is that something that causes concern even for the clipper to blow up and over-achieve?

Oh man storm number 2 on Mon-Tue is looking SO close to being a huge storm on the 0z GFS.  The temp profile looks so much better and it could very well be a snowstorm from the Carolinas all the way to NE.

Mt. Holly is much more bullish on the early week storm then they are for Saturday... 

This.

Crazy it looks like it takes a really nice track. Closer to the coast than it's been with this storm why is the precip shield to the NW weak? I can only see the 24 hr panels on Tropical...[/quote

Based on snow maps

NYC: 7" (Jackpot zone)

PHL: 5"

ABE: 2.3"

MPO : 1"

Sent from my iPhone

uug lack of a decent ccb is perplexing to say the least. All i can say is still a couple days away from getting nailed down.

Last leg of a mid shift, well it was interesting night. Got a nice spread from the western NAM and from the looks of the mean some EC ensemble members, warm and wet. Now we have the OTS 06z GFS and of course everyone's favorite the CMC snowstorm. If I had to take something away from tonight/ this morning was that the models are really speeding up the pattern so far with everything. 

Dewpoints start in the 20's, a little evap cooling and some dynamic cooling occur to try and offset WAA. Really going to need a solid CCB. EC lacked this and was warmer. 

typical model back and forth swings..

my gut tells me the overall pattern favors a more inland track.  (compared to 0z GFS and ECM)   No strong High around to push things out. wouldn't even surprise me if models eventually track too far inland / warm. 

6z NAM...even though 'its the nam' ...might actually have the best idea so far.  

temps will be close either way.. since it's workin with a leftover arctic airmass.    

Archived