• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coastal low 1/24 can this get winter going?

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the chance of this NW trend to continue?  The temps are marginal for I95 as it is... 

It probably can only get a bit more NW, there is a low diving SE through Canada acting as a kicker, I think as long as the system is deep, if it tracks offshore everyone except the usual places in coastal SE NJ would be snow but there is still 2 days probably till we get this figured out.  This is by far the most legitimate threat of the year due it being inside 5 days.

Temps are really close across the whole area. Above freezing at the surface but 850s are below freezing across most of the area. With a deepening system, it may be able to pull more cold air in, but I'm not sure the GFS shows all snow for central New Jersey at least. S NJ definitely is rain to start..

Edit: to start

The warmest the Euro gets at KPHL is 33 degrees at 2M and +1 850. My feeling is that if this run played out exactly as modeled (which it won't) KPHL would be mainly frozen. 1 inch qpf so even losing some to taint this would be a nice snowfall IMO but plenty of time to sort out.

Archived