SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snow/ice (mostly ice) disco and obs Monday 1/12/2015

famartin

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its one storm or the other....likely not both. Storm 1 could push the baroclinic zone south for later in the week keeping the coastal confined to the southeast and possibly mid Atlantic OR storm 1 stays flat and keeps the baroclinic zone and confluence in a more favorable spot for storm 2 to come north. I suppose theoretically we could get hit by both but past history says its either or.

Looking at first glance that the gfs is coming in warmer for Monday. I cant tell off of the maps alone but im not even sure that any of the precip in Southeast PA is even frozen. Edit: 10m temps are at or below freezing for first part of overunning wave. Interior still has icing signal.

It would be a real kick in the junk to have a cold rain for most of system 1 then have system 2 miss to the south...just saying.

Bring on the ggem and euro (and ukmet)!

12z ECM around .4" frozen ZR/IP far N&W burbs Lehigh Valley significant ice threat Monday. Snow confined to north of I78 and at that only 1"

Time to tune up the generators

Not what I want to hear as I'm in a precarious spot if it does turn into a major ice event.

Archived