joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday 1/6/2015 clipper discussion and obs

famartin

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A general coating to 2" for this one....the usual Clipper fare. Then vodka cold in the wake of this little system.

Usual in snowy years, but not this one. Hoping everyone gets white ground. Looking good at this point.

Under 48hrs out now and most guidance going coating to 2" maybe even 3" in isolated spots. I think I'm in a decent spot with my call barring any last minute surprises.

This clipper feels like a HECS compared to the rest of winter. 

It's funny how spoiled folks have been around here....when I was a kid in the 70's we went from 1972 to 1978 without one storm over 6" in in NE Philly - even in the good years in the late 70's we never really had our first snow till January - plenty of time for an above average snow year for many in this area

Yeah I think for TTN, a coating is in the bag, an inch is surely possible, 2" is stretching but not impossible.

Agree with this. The one thing that keeps some areas under an inch will be the extremely light rates throughout the day. And yes Ray, 2" certainly a stretch with this one. Those stating 1-3" are going to bust high imo. Nice to have an easy system to track with no r/s line or surprises with it. I will take whatever falls and be merry :sled: .... just need about an inch to take the kids sledding.

Agree with this. The one thing that keeps some areas under an inch will be the extremely light rates throughout the day. And yes Ray, 2" certainly a stretch with this one. Those stating 1-3" are going to bust high imo. Nice to have an easy system to track with no r/s line or surprises with it. I will take whatever falls and be merry :sled: .... just need about an inch to take the kids sledding.

1" works on astroturf but on grass i think you need more like 2"  ;) 

I see Mt Holly and Upton have excellent corroboration again between their respective most densely populated WFO area's in the nation. StormTotalSnowRange.png

StormTotalSnowRange.png

Do you think maybe....just maybe the difference has to do with mount hollys map being from 430AM this morning where as uptons is from noon today? Almost an 8 hour difference.

Do you think maybe....just maybe the difference has to do with mount hollys map being from 430AM this morning where as uptons is from noon today? Almost an 8 hour difference

That would be a long discrepancy Don't you think???    The Mt Holly mets are great, the best in the nation, Not hurting on them at all. I'm just highlighting the discrepancy between offices. 

First... this shows the importance of uploading images instead of just pasting URL's, because they aren't showing any of the old versions any longer.

Second... what discrepancy?

No biggy Ray, the earlier ones were off showing a C south of adjacent upton areas showing 1-2". Its all fixed. 

Lol, isn't it awesome though...finally! I know you like the big ones, but I'll enjoy seeing it snow and seeing the ground turn white. Assuming it evolves that way.

Lack of snow builds appreciation for it when it finally happens. Don't think I would like being where it snows regular without fail.

I'm so ready for this, I did a marathon jobsite visit today so I wouldn't have to tomorrow. Partly to avoid the first snowy rush hour but also just to be able to enjoy it. Normally the first area wide snow tends to create greater traffic issues than snowfalls later in the season. Not sure if it has to do with practice or what. Tomorrow might not be bad since it's the morning rush hour which is more about people getting from point A to point B, and since it will be plenty cold tonight it should be a dry powdery snow on cold surfaces. I wonder if PennDOT has some kind of algorithm for conditions based on ground temps, temperature while snowing, rate of snowfall, ratios, type of snowflakes, etc.

Archived