SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Obs Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea it was so cold west of the mountains today.

5PM

Nashville: 32F

Charlotte: 51F

Greenville: 51F

Raleigh: 49F

MBY: 50F

Columbia: 55F (supposedly)

Not just west of the mountains, north as well.

Washington Dulles is 30 with a dew of 2-- they have been falling all day. 

And they have a Winter Weather Advisory for tonight...  im jealous..

here its a wintry 52!!... :thumbsdown:

Not just west of the mountains, north as well.

Washington Dulles is 30 with a dew of 2-- they have been falling all day. 

And they have a Winter Weather Advisory for tonight...  im jealous..

here its a wintry 52!!... :thumbsdown:

I guess I got wrapped up to much in football this weekend to realize there was an initial shot of cold air coming down, it just wasn't getting over the mountains.  

Memphis had a high of 37F today, New Orleans only made it to 50F, and Atlanta was 48F.  

CAE is supposed to be near 60F tomorrow.  We live in our own climate downwind of the mountains.

I guess I got wrapped up to much in football this weekend to realize there was an initial shot of cold air coming down, it just wasn't getting over the mountains.  

Memphis had a high of 37F today, New Orleans only made it to 50F, and Atlanta was 48F.  

CAE is supposed to be near 60F tomorrow.  We live in our own climate downwind of the mountains.

Yeah, the climate here is sorta depressing. The downsloping is awful. I wanna move back home...lol

CAE.....   :D

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A VERY COLD ARCTIC AIR MASS WILL SETTLE OVER THE AREA WEDNESDAY
NIGHT WITH BREEZY CONDITIONS. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED
AS WIND CHILL VALUES COULD FALL INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS.

RELATIVE HUMIDITY VALUES WILL APPROACH CRITICAL THRESHOLDS ON
THURSDAY.

It is coooolllld here. 27.7 imby, which isn't that bad by itself, but the winds are 15 and gusting over 30 mph and it cuts right through your layers. Extremely windy.

Our forecast high was supposed to be 38 but I sincerely doubt we make that, as it's nearly 2:30 already and the sun will drop behind the hills in another couple hours.

Just glancing at the local forecast for tonight, it's gonna drop to probably around 8-10 degrees here, but the wind chill on top of that... brrr.

It is coooolllld here. 27.7 imby, which isn't that bad by itself, but the winds are 15 and gusting over 30 mph and it cuts right through your layers. Extremely windy. Our forecast high was supposed to be 38 but I sincerely doubt we make that, as it's nearly 2:30 already and the sun will drop behind the hills in another couple hours. Just glancing at the local forecast for tonight, it's gonna drop to probably around 8-10 degrees here, but the wind chill on top of that... brrr.

Plummet started an hour ago here, went from 40 to 35.  Falling like a rock now....  If you are already down to 27-28 then in about an hour I think I'll be around 30.  We will see.

Plummet started an hour ago here, went from 40 to 35.  Falling like a rock now....  If you are already down to 27-28 then in about an hour I think I'll be around 30.  We will see.

Yep down to 24 now.  DP is at 10.  Still super windy, gusting over 30.  I went outside a little while ago and it's like being at the ocean, listening to the wind in the forest.

The various local official forecasts seem to be consensus between 10-15 by early morning.  I bet we get colder than that.  Normally we run about 3-5 degrees cooler than forecast, year round.  Our forecast high today was 38; we were at 35 at midnight and never climbed above that.

Archived