joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me that many of us here in the SE forum are like a 5'10" 200 lb. white guy that loves basketball, but gets mad most of the time he is playing because he can't dunk like Kevin Durant. Mad to the point that he can't enjoy playing the game much of the time. He suffers from unrealistic expectations. He is not going to dunk like Durant unless some unusual things happen in his favor (like somebody puts a chair under the basket). If he loves the game, he should probably focus more on his jump shots and free throws (rain? thunderstorms?) and not get too worked up over unrealistic expectations. I am still holding out hope that there is a shot that someone puts the chair under the basket for us before the winter is over. If not, I will enjoy working on my jump shot and free throws.

What? Do you even know what you just said?

Edit: Never mind I get it a little. The free throw part doesn't make sense.

So the models keep showing something different every day but we still can't see what we want. This is getting awful. Seems like pretty much a lock if the models show a snow storm 10 or more days out for the first time then it is not going to happen. We don't have a real shot unless it shows up inside 5 days for the first time.

Brick, The problem is the models(or specific runs) do show great storms at day 10. They have a few times this year. Many on this board focused too much on these 10 day depictions. We need to be within 7 days to really get a truer understanding on what's possible. The 6z GFS showed a light event for central/eastern NC. Usually most on here would be jumping on this possibility, but many could be upset because the 18" scenario from the day 10 run may not work out. At this point I would be extremely happy with 3" of snow; or say 1" of sleet.  

Brick, The problem is the models(or specific runs) do show great storms at day 10. They have a few times this year. Many on this board focused too much on these 10 day depictions. We need to be within 7 days to really get a truer understanding on what's possible. The 6z GFS showed a light event for central/eastern NC. Usually most on here would be jumping on this possibility, but many could be upset because the 18" scenario from the day 10 run may not work out. At this point I would be extremely happy with 3" of snow; or say 1" of sleet.

I would be happy with 3 inches of snow at this point. I just have a hard time believing what the models show now even this far out. Hopefully we will get enough for the kids to go sledding and I would love a day off work to be able to go out and play with them.

I would be happy with 3 inches of snow at this point. I just have a hard time believing what the models show now even this far out. Hopefully we will get enough for the kids to go sledding and I would love a day off work to be able to go out and play with them.

Completely unrealistic expectations especially the way this winter has gone. That like trying to dunk on a 18ft rim instead of the normal 12ft rim in a winter. 2009-10 was like dunking on a 5ft rim. Go work on your free throws and jump shots Bricky boy.

It seems to me that many of us here in the SE forum are like a 5'10" 200 lb. white guy that loves basketball, but gets mad most of the time he is playing because he can't dunk like Kevin Durant. Mad to the point that he can't enjoy playing the game much of the time. He suffers from unrealistic expectations. He is not going to dunk like Durant unless some unusual things happen in his favor (like somebody puts a chair under the basket). If he loves the game, he should probably focus more on his jump shots and free throws (rain? thunderstorms?) and not get too worked up over unrealistic expectations. I am still holding out hope that there is a shot that someone puts the chair under the basket for us before the winter is over. If not, I will enjoy working on my jump shot and free throws.

Quit yer pickin on Brick.

They got all models on board now. The NAM came west and destroyed NYC with 30+ inches. Nothing like 50-60mph winds and 30 inches of snow. :yikes: Might as well root for them since nothing weather wise is happening over the next 7 days here. Good thing TWC is hyping it so that people can't say it caught them offguard.

They got all models on board now. The NAM came west and destroyed NYC with 30+ inches. Nothing like 50-60mph winds and 30 inches of snow. :yikes: Might as well root for them since nothing weather wise is happening over the next 7 days here. Good thing TWC is hyping it so that people can't say it caught them offguard.

I'm rooting for those guys.... As a lover of extreme weather I'm insanely jealous but it will still be fun watching those guys get smoked. My wife works for FEMA and was put on alert about possible deployment up there. Told her she better bring some snow back with her if she goes.

I can't wait till they only get a foot, lol

I will check back next week to see how your mythical winter storms are doing.

When have they ever been "my" winter storms? I said during this threat I wasn't buying into it until it was here. I think there is still a lot of time to go though before we just totally abandon all hope for something wintry to come out of the upcoming 2 week period. Last year you promised to eat your shorts if you got over 2 inches of snow because you were so sure there was no way that Feb. storm was going to product anything. All I'm saying is we just wait and see. Despite some claims for me personally this winter is still not as bad as 2011/12. Come March 15th or so that might change but at least we're getting chances however slim they may be. 

Because it makes such a big difference?

See the problem is you never look back, research or use the search feature. Last year if a thread was made for every potential storm that popped up in the 7-10 day time frame and I wanted to find the thread for our storm it would be very annoying trying to find the thread for it. That's really the reason threads shouldn't be started so early. It just clutters up the board making it tough to find what you're searching for relating to storms that actually happened.  Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? 

To me this winter is way worse than 11-12, especially when considering the high expectations. Also, we had two great winters prior to 11-12 which eased the pain a bit. I have to give credit to all the people who said this could end up being a historic winter. It looks like it may be. Just not the kind of historic we want.

See the problem is you never look back, research or use the search feature. Last year if a thread was made for every potential storm that popped up in the 7-10 day time frame and I wanted to find the thread for our storm it would be very annoying trying to find the thread for it. That's really the reason threads shouldn't be started so early. It just clutters up the board making it tough to find what you're searching for relating to storms that actually happened. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?

I could see that might be a problem but we have not had many 7 to 10 day threats to talk about this winter. I think maybe two so far.

Lol funny some of those Jack wagons actually bring value to that board. What do you bring to this board other than trashing people that are not around to defend themselves

You mean like what happened to me over there last year? I went over to defend myself and got promptly banned.

And I'll be happy to stand on my record of posting on 3 boards spanning 13 years.

Now, that, was funny.

And as for our Feb1-2 system, not that I have a synoptical(sp) reasoning, but in the years(about 6) of being on the board and following the models, I don't recall a 5h low closing off and sitting and spinning over Mexico for 4 solid days. Memory could certainly be wrong, though.

Am I wrong with that thought?

Didn't it happen earlier this winter?

Archived