joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 20 - 21 Coastal Storm Threat

jm1220

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE  12Z EURO IS   south    BECAUSE  at  126  hrs     the 12z  euro STILL has the 50/ 50 Low  in place over se canada... that in turn forces southern  Low to stay More south  great for dt LAND..  but  I think this is wrong...I dont think the 50/50 low will stay there   THAT  long  

THE  12Z EURO IS   south    BECAUSE  at  126  hrs     the 12z  euro STILL has the 50/ 50 Low  in place over se canada... that in turn forces southern  Low to stay More south  great for dt LAND..  but  I think this is wrong...I dont think the 50/50 low will stay there   THAT  long  

Have you looked at the differences at H5? The differences from 00z start at hour 96 regarding the amplification of the trough.

People really thought the euro was going to keep the same solution? This solution is a lot colder along the coast with a big storm just offshore. Good run.

It's a lot colder because the storm is so far offshore, if you tracked it closer to the coast you would warm. Also, it's terrible looking at H5. I'm shocked it was able to pull out such a good looking system given the mess aloft.

Yes, a gorgeous look aloft. It went from a negatively tilted trough over the TN Valley to a broad, flat trough at 12z. How is that gorgeous?

Great winter storm signal with a piece of energy digging into the SW US and then undercutting some blockiness to the north with the northern stream getting involved once the storm gets near the Coast.

It's a lot colder because the storm is so far offshore, if you tracked it closer to the coast you would warm. Also, it's terrible looking at H5. I'm shocked it was able to pull out such a good looking system given the mess aloft.

Terrible looking? Have you ever seen a shortwave evolve northeastward from the southwest US under some blockiness?

If you think the H5 evolution is terrible looking, well, it's time to log off. 

Have you looked at the differences at H5? The differences from 00z start at hour 96 regarding the amplification of the trough.

The trough will be less potent with more confluence from the 50/50 low being further south.

Notice how from 48 through 96 hours, the North Atlantic ridge links up with the Rex Block which doesn't allow the 50/50 low to leave that quickly. The Euro has been doing that for several runs in a row. 

The notion that we have to have some big -NAO in order to keep a 50/50 low around long enough for a snowy solution is just wrong, IMO. 

Archived