joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wintry/Severe/Normal Storm threat 12/19-21

deltadog03

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I appreciate it.  I still feel like something is going to happen over the SE.  Is it SVR wx or wintry, or both...Models a little all over the place.

Even the GFS looks like it's not far off. Still far out(time wise) and I think this could easily trend in our favor.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=192ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_192_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20141212+12+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

It's cutting, HP slides out

yeah I think this one is over. This cutting look isn't anything we're not used to seeing early on in winter, I'd take this over any other solution IMO. I have hope for the Christmas system though.

Looks like its heading for the lakes on this run.. Different evolution for sure.  Nice snow storm over the Southern plains.  Some wedging by 12z sat, and 2m temps are showing low 30's to near Freezing over NC, qpf trying to get in there at that time.  Looks like maybe some SVR setup with this.

It's going to take perfect timing for this not to cut. Nice winter storm for central US.

ULL needs to speed up so at 168 hrs it needs to be leaving TX rather than entering it.  Can we chalk it up to the old Euro bias of holding energy back over the SW?   ;)

pPrind3.png

Looks like there could be some icing issues over NC though.  2m temps are cold enough.  I will say this, we might have to sacrifice this one, to make room for the other system making its way onshore over CA.  That could be the Christmas, or right around there, storm that affects us.  I think its nice and cold, at least at 2m behind this storm.  

ULL needs to speed up so at 168 hrs it needs to be leaving TX rather than entering it.  Can we chalk it up to the old Euro bias of holding energy back over the SW?   ;)

Yeah I was about to ask if that bias still applied with all the new versions of all the models the last few years its kinda screwed me up as to which biases are still there etc.....at least with the old versions I kinda knew how to read between the lines now its not so easy....

Looks like there could be some icing issues over NC though.  2m temps are cold enough.  I will say this, we might have to sacrifice this one, to make room for the other system making its way onshore over CA.  That could be the Christmas, or right around there, storm that affects us.  I think its nice and cold, at least at 2m behind this storm.  

DT has claimed that one as the storm to watch.  We'll see.   Lacking quite a bit of cold air by then, however.

Archived