Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
update on DEC 21 possible winter storm

DTWXRISK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABOUT   DEC 21   and 12z  euro run  

The cold air supply is limited... The over all Upper air pattern not great. This is a marginal situation for the interior and rain that ends as snow for the COAST. For western NC Mtns WVA western half of VA western half of MD .. most of PA this could be a SIGNIFICANT SNOW.. COULD BE..

from PHL to BOS again very mariginal on the coast...12z EURO shows wet snow or mix SIGNIFICANT SNOW Inland

As I said the KEY is the DEC 17 Low ( all rain for the all fo the east coast) . It is the rapid development of the DEC 17 Low into a BIG Low over SE Canada THAT sets up the DEC 21 Low winter storm threat. 

** IF the big low of SE cnada does not develop or if it moves away .. DEC 21 coastal Low ai all rain for everyone.

post-9415-0-24781600-1418501298_thumb.pn

post-9415-0-88281500-1418501301_thumb.pn

post-9415-0-77649300-1418501305_thumb.pn

156 HRS Low   is over  Va Beach  

162 hrs  the    12z  sunday   euro  has the  Low   right over  or Just  se  of  Cape May  nj
 monster  snow hit for    WVA  WESTERN  VA  western  half of MD   ALL  PA

nw  NJ  much of interior  se  NY    all of New England    west/ north of I-95

Wake me when the ocean is 10 degrees colder. LOL.

Seriously, I hope the interior gets buried and pushes the baroclinic zone further south for us outer coastal plain dwellers later this winter.  Our familly will be up in northern Warren Co, NJ for Christmas so hopefully it is white up there.

Question. Is there a storm/ cutter arounf the 17th still?  Has it changed to make the set up better for this 21 storm?  (50/50 low)

Archived