SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential coastal 12/8-10/2014

famartin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we are hoping that the back end snow that is depicted on a few models falls over our house it seems at this point.

Best of luck to all.

Wife back home is reporting temp has risen to 33 F

lol, yes, it's come to that! Down here with this event it's always come down to that.

41F here now. Practically balmy outside.

The air appears to be going out of the snow balloon real fast.

lol it was always like trying to put air in a lead balloon to begin with. Funny my expectations haven't changed despite the pretty colored snow maps....mood flakes to follow with an outside chance of a 1" surprise

storm isn't what I was expecting here. Barely any rain and now the back end snow looks like a dud. What a dud storm for us.

Just be glad you did not get issued a  winter storm warning for heavy heavy snows that did or has not came together yet in many locations.

Still hoping I can get a few inches late tonight into tomorrow.

Overall, as a weather buff, you just deal with it and look for the next threat.

Glad it was a cold rain :pimp:  instead of a warm rain.

Just be glad you did not get issued a  winter storm warning for heavy heavy snows that did or has not came together yet in many locations.

Still hoping I can get a few inches late tonight into tomorrow.

Overall, as a weather buff, you just deal with it and look for the next threat.

Glad it was a cold rain :pimp:  instead of a warm rain.

The warm push was impressive and probably should have been expected considering the warm 70's ocean the storm originated in and retreating high pressure. Models don't do so well with storms they can't draw from experience on..

The warm push was impressive and probably should have been expected considering the warm 70's ocean the storm originated in and retreating high pressure. Models don't do so well with storms they can't draw from experience on..

Binghamton, NY NWS tossed in the towel. Went from 12 + to maybe 1-3 inches for most locations now.

Kick in the nutz

I'm curious as to why this wasn't forecasted with the High sliding east combined with a strengthening on shore flow.

The combination of this system's rather unusual pseudo-tropical origins not being accounted for, and unnecessary compensation for the typical damming which occurs with northeast winds, may both play a part.  That's pure speculation. 

Archived