joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have nothing on Damage in Tolland in the NE thread.  

You can tell he's getting horrified about being stuck in subsidence all day tomorrow while the two cities get dumped on.

At 1000' (or whatever he says he's at)...probably would need to put a ceiling over his yard to avoid 2 feet at least...

HI RES NAM

2- 2.5 for most

2.5 - 3 From NCNJ  runs N just W of EWR through NYC the 5 boroughs into Nassau County and western CT

It is 3 plus on the south shore of Nassau County into Queens and Brooklyn

and it shows up in Westchester .

yea but thats completely unrelated to how the coastal is going to develop over the next 24 hours

The NAM initialized better and is stronger and matches the surface . Maue just wrote a piece on it .

The NAM and the Euro blow the storm up and tug it back , the Euro is a little further N .

The .01 that the Euro spits out by 7pm will already be 6 by then

The Euro is already WRONG . It has .01  on to Long Island and  the 5 boroughs by 7pm , there are  3 inch amounts everywhere already .

If the NAM verifies PB, I'll never say anything bad about it again.  The main show was always starting later this evening into tomorrow morning.  Should be exciting.  I like the look on the WV/IR/radar so far.

Seriously, I would really appreciate if someone in the know could explain how a storm that the weather channel and news agencies have discredited to a 5-8 inch storm is still being touted as a 30 inch monster.  Please, not saying it will do nothing, but how do you support this???

I know this is only supposed to be on a banter thread, and I would never put it on the model board, but I am genuinely curious how the reputation of something like the NOAA, which has a winter weather warning: blizzard warning, would hedge its bets on one model that METS famously discredit as being absurd......

Seriously, I would really appreciate if someone in the know could explain how a storm that the weather channel and news agencies have discredited to a 5-8 inch storm is still being touted as a 30 inch monster.  Please, not saying it will do nothing, but how do you support this???

I know this is only supposed to be on a banter thread, and I would never put it on the model board, but I am genuinely curious how the reputation of something like the NOAA, which has a winter weather warning: blizzard warning, would hedge its bets on one model that METS famously discredit as being absurd......

Simple it's not

Just the NaM. The euro been showing Tis track for days. Number 2 the low is about 75 miles further northwest at this point then the models depicted. Combo of models and now casting

From Ryan Maue:

Ryan Maue @RyanMaue  ·  2h 2 hours ago

.@PCKnappenberger @jaysforecast easy to make case that global warming weakened this blizzard significantly due to warmer SSTs

Forget the climate change issue, which is irrelevant to the role SSTs play, but the literature argues that greater temperature gradients, particularly between cold land and warm waters enhances cyclogenesis. One example:

http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~swr01tjw/pubs/cdsstres.pdf

In short, I'm not sure what he was trying to argue. If the literature is accurate, the very warm SSTAs from the Mid-Atlantic and northward will contribute to the explosive intensification of the blizzard.

Archived