• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Oh yea that disaster. Well after last winter we knew the law of averages would come into play so then I guess a crappy winter is expected.

I would've been fine with that had it not been for all that hype of another cold and snowy winter.

It's not even Christmas and you're basing your tossing of every respected poster's winter forecast off the 0z gfs OP run. Cool story.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this persists, *I* might even need to move the decimal point one place to the left on my very modest forecast of 20.0 inches of snow for Central Park this winter...

*smirks in a semi-demure fashion*

3 of the last 5 winters would have been easily in the top 10 snowiest winters of the entire 20th century IMBY.   that scares me that payback is gonna be a b**ch sooner rather than later.

No more positivity at all so I guess being a Debbie downer wasn't such a bad thing after all. I knew we were screwed with all that hype for another cold, snowy winter. Also patterns usually don't change once they lock in December so I shoulve seen that coming. Get ready for a huge possible winter bust and utter failure of all the mets. And lol at people fast forwarding when winter will start so typical when we know the season will be a stinker.

I was hopeful the Xmas storm would completely change things but it will never become the huge phaser we needed to force a NAO and now the MJO will muck things up again. This winter has a strong chance of sliding nicely into the upper echelon of horrible winters.

No more positivity at all so I guess being a Debbie downer wasn't such a bad thing after all. I knew we were screwed with all that hype for another cold, snowy winter. Also patterns usually don't change once they lock in December so I shoulve seen that coming. Get ready for a huge possible winter bust and utter failure of all the mets. And lol at people fast forwarding when winter will start so typical when we know the season will be a stinker.

I was hopeful the Xmas storm would completely change things but it will never become the huge phaser we needed to force a NAO and now the MJO will muck things up again. This winter has a strong chance of sliding nicely into the upper echelon of horrible winters.

if that happens, let's hope for warmth and sun.   45 and cloudy every day is tough.   Agree though, the signs are not looking good for any LASTING pattern change....5-8 days and then back to no cold.  Hopefully we can get a storm during that stretch.

I mean chances are we get some snow event even if light. Even in the most awful winters we usually get something just by chance and because it's difficult to completely dodge snow.

At least everyone will be going through this not just the mid atlantic. New England will struggle immensely and a huge chunk or most of the CONUS will likely be warm too.

I've always felt that a majority of the snow this Winter was going to fall in 3 or 4 larger events, and I still feel that way. We've had many Winters where everything looked far worse than this. The negativity in here is pretty unberable. Come see me in February if things still look bad.

I've always felt that a majority of the snow this Winter was going to fall in 3 or 4 larger events, and I still feel that way. We've had many Winters where everything looked far worse than this. The negativity in here is pretty unberable. Come see me in February if things still look bad.

not negativity, not at all but it is called being A realist and just looking out your window and not at some hour 300 of a model run, the pattern as of late has been what? Coastal huggers or cutters. Can you honestly say you see something strong enough to change the pattern that we are in? If so please explain as I would love to hear your insight that's whywe are here to discuss and learn.

not negativity, not at all but it is called being A realist and just looking out your window and not at some hour 300 of a model run, the pattern as of late has been what? Coastal huggers or cutters. Can you honestly say you see something strong enough to change the pattern that we are in? If so please explain as I would love to hear your insight that's whywe are here to discuss and learn.

Same way we don't get wall to wall cold & snow, something will break this pattern and give us some opportunities before March.  Is this going to be a 30"+ season?  Seems to growing more unlikely, but it's 'winter' for another 90 days so I think there will be chances...

I will say  the weather couldn't have broken much worse for the holiday week. 

Eh I guess I'm just different then.... Love the cold even without snow...of course its better with snow but anyway... merry Christmas to all my fellow weather weenies.

This month has been awful. Endless overcast with temps in the 30s. Reminds me of desperado..the sky won't snow and the sun won't shine..

This month has been awful. Endless overcast with temps in the 30s. Reminds me of desperado..the sky won't snow and the sun won't shine..

That thought crossed my mind as well.

WFO Binghamton posted that yesterday was their 14th consecutive overcast day... that obviously has some local variation, but it's been pretty awful.

Archived