• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday plans

mackerel_sky

Went to Best Buy and there was one guy who was waiting in line for sales already ! He'd been there since Monday, lol! He was wanting the Panasonic 50" LCD hd TV they will have for 199$

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Mack, just did some quick math on this.  I made a couple of assumptions:

1 )  He will have been waiting for approximately 96 hours (we'll keep it simple and say an even 4 days).

2 )  You could find a similar TV (perhaps that very model) for around $1000 somewhere else...maybe even an online deal.

Based on that, this guy values his time at around $8.33/hr.  That's an awful lot of work for $800.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Mack, just did some quick math on this. I made a couple of assumptions:

1 ) He will have been waiting for approximately 96 hours (we'll keep it simple and say an even 4 days).

2 ) You could find a similar TV (perhaps that very model) for around $1000 somewhere else...maybe even an online deal.

Based on that, this guy values his time at around $8.33/hr. That's an awful lot of work for $800.

They actually interviewed him on a local radio show this morning and surprisingly, he did have a job , but was off all week. Last night he was just out there with a blanket, no tent or anything, and I felt kind of bad when it started pouring about 10

Happy Thanksgiving! I went to the mall today to pick up a suit from Express since they're having their deal (50% off everything!) today through Noon Friday. I've always wanted a suit from there and I've lost enough weight so it was now or never! (It also doesn't hurt that I have a clothing allowance ;) ) As far as the next two days: Working morning shift and watching football. Can't get much better than that! 

I don't do malls on Black Friday ( hell I hate malls on any given day of the year), I will be hunting all day Friday and Saturday its one of the fews days me, my brother and our dad plus the kids etc can all get out hunting together so its something of a tradition. That $199 50" Panasonic sounds awesome though lol.....

As far as Thanksgiving goes...staying home w/ family. I seasoned/cooked the turkey, made dressing (w/ my grandma helping out), baked a chocolate cake (did that back on Monday on my birthday), and pasta salad. Tonight my grandma and I will be making candy yams and tomorrow morning I'll be baking a Peach Cobbler and a String bean Casserole. Also my mom is making the mac and cheese and I think some rice. We'll be having ribs and BBQ chicken as an alternative to the turkey.

Black Friday...I always said I never want to be out with all the other crazies that day, but what the hell I'm curious to see for myself for a change if shoppers are really as crazy as they're made out to be on this shopping holiday. :lol:  Probably won't buy anything, I basically got my birthday/Black Friday gift already, a 40" Sceptre HDTV. :)

Archived