• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Macy's Balloon Inflation & Parade Impacts

JLO3

What are people's thoughts on the impact to the Thanksgiving Eve Balloon inflation and Thanksgiving Day Parade? We were coming up to the city from Delaware on Tuesday night and spend the day in the city on Wednesday; going to the balloon inflation wed night. Once it was over, we were going to drive back to DE to watch the parade on TV Thanksgiving morning.

Seems like travel from 10PM to 2AM would be rough as we left Wed night but would get better as we went south on the Jersey turnpike..

Thoughts? Should we bag it and try again next year? I have to cancel my hotel by 6pm tonight.. 

Thanks in advance to all who reply..

What are people's thoughts on the impact to the Thanksgiving Eve Balloon inflation and Thanksgiving Day Parade? We were coming up to the city from Delaware on Tuesday night and spend the day in the city on Wednesday; going to the balloon inflation wed night. Once it was over, we were going to drive back to DE to watch the parade on TV Thanksgiving morning.

Seems like travel from 10PM to 2AM would be rough as we left Wed night but would get better as we went south on the Jersey turnpike..

Thoughts? Should we bag it and try again next year? I have to cancel my hotel by 6pm tonight.. 

Thanks in advance to all who reply..

There are a few hundred posts on the weather you could read.

Yes, you're correct, and I have. I have watched the models for over a week. I have read every single WEATHER post there is on this board.

Crazy me, I was thinking that I would ask locals with knowledge of the area and allow them to use their experience to understand what the IMPACT was, not what the weather will be.

Thanks for the help.. Reminded me why I don't post here often..

Last year it was rainy and windy for most of the day and there was no impact. Since it will be fine on Thursday, and the floats come in overnight Thursday AM, I suspect it will go on as expected. If snow accumulates on the balloons during inflation, expect it's not a big deal to brush off.

Archived