• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday into Turkey Day Storm

Animal

I'm an optimist at heart, and try to not give into pessimism as a way of protecting myself from disappointment. And then there is reality. It simply seems too warm here, and the projected path of the storm is so close to the coast, I don't see how we get snow until maybe at the end as it's winding down. I would love to be wrong. I looked at the 07z HRRR and was encouraged, but how does it show snow here, and so early?

Meanwhile, good luck to all, especially those of you to the north and west!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR snow algorithm is 10:1 based on diagnosed p-type.  Keep that in mind when reviewing its graphics.  In this situation likely to be way overdone in marginal temp areas.

Hey Ray, do you think Warminster will see 3+? My dad lives there I might go there later...Seeing any signs of a good pattern in Mid-Dec?

And when will 2013-14 winter be added to your website? 

Hey Ray, do you think Warminster will see 3+? My dad lives there I might go there later...Seeing any signs of a good pattern in Mid-Dec?

And when will 2013-14 winter be added to your website? 

First question:  Maybe.  GFS and NAM sure are warm though. 

Second question:  Not my specialty.  Probably should find HM or Adam, someone else who's way better at long range patterns than me.

Third question:  I haven't even started work on it ;)  But will hopefully begin in the next week to ten days.  Which means it will probably not be until this winter is over.

First question:  Maybe.  GFS and NAM sure are warm though. 

Second question:  Not my specialty.  Probably should find HM or Adam, someone else who's way better at long range patterns than me.

Third question:  I haven't even started work on it ;)  But will hopefully begin in the next week to ten days.  Which means it will probably not be until this winter is over.

Thanks bud, your archive is my fav. weather related site on the web. Very nostalgic for a sicko like me. 

Archived