• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday into Turkey Day Storm

Animal

Nice to see an early season threat showing up. My guess is this will be a classic I95 r/s line setup with significant snowfall just to the West of that line. 12z runs should be interesting....lets hope (for us close to 95) that this thing doesn't start getting tucked in tighter to the coast on subsequent runs.

This time of year that "classic" setup is more like Blue Mountain.  (just north of the Lehigh Valley)  We usually end up with a few inches of slop while the mountains get the big accumulations.  That warm ocean hurts us over here also.

I've never actually seen a big November snow here.........October has had 2 larger snows lol.  (14" in 2011, and about 7-8" of super sloppy snow a few years prior)  Largest I've seen here is about 5" in November. (1989)

EDIT: Just noticed Chesco's post, which is right in line with my "few inches" prediction :) 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I'm slightly worried about for the NWS, is this is kind of sneaking up on people. I spoke to some people yesterday at my job & some customers, told them to watch out for snow on Wed and they laughed at me saying it is going to be in the 70s this week...I hope people plan ahead with travel, especially in the burbs. 

Like the suppressed look of the GGEM, PARA and most other modeling lends me to thinking the ECM/GFS won't come further west which would lead to a big rainer.

I wonder if the PARA, NAM and a few others are keying in more on a baroclinic zone off the coast.  I remember a storm last winter where the NAM was showing a further east solution which no one could understand given the H5 setup, but the globals eventually did follow the NAM although not as drastically.

Archived