• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
T-day eve possible SE winter storm (11/26/14)

GaWx

For KCAE, temp issues.  The 12/00z GFS snowfall map doesn't make sense.  Too warm around these parts for the bulk of precip.  Only one member of the 12z Euro EPS has any WInter weather down this way.. and it's light.  Also, only two members of the GFS show any form of Winter weather and it's basically nothing.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm worried about a westward trend we've seen.  Any further west and anyone east of the mountains might be screwed.  Then again, the Euro might be wounding this thing up too much and pushing it further west, as it supposedly has a tendency to do.

Oh, well, it's November.  It probably won't work out, but maybe it will.  It's November, but it's only a few days from early December and NC has certainly had a major/historic winter storm in early December before (hint, hint - December 2002), so it's not that unprecedented in a way.

I'm worried about a westward trend we've seen.  Any further west and anyone east of the mountains might be screwed.  Then again, the Euro might be wounding this thing up too much and pushing it further west, as it supposedly has a tendency to do.

Oh, well, it's November.  It probably won't work out, but maybe it will.  It's November, but it's only a few days from early December and we've certainly had a major/historic winter storm in early December before (hint, hint - December 2002), so it's not that unprecedented in a way.

Concur however Euro's wheelhouse is now and usually leads the way in regards to catching on at this timeframe while the GFS flips more than a fish out of water.

Euro looks like legit wet snow for the Asheville-Hickory-Greensboro corridor.  Sfc temps in these areas go from 35 at 7AM to 34 at 1PM.  It's a touch warmer for Greer to Charlotte to Raleigh

I Agree.  This would be that heavy wet snow, that with heavy rates will be snow...lighter rates will be rain.  IMO  This is the euro's wheel house for sure!

6Z GFS is about to go KABOOM! 78 Hour the entire 5H setup has shifted significantly westward with high QPF making it back to the blue ridge. This is a classic setup for rates to overcome BL for some of us if it comes down that hard in a 6 hour period as currently showing. Subsequently, 81-87 hr period has the low closer to coast. EURO as of right now is leading the coup.

Looks like the 6z GFS trended slightly west. This would put 850 zero line just west of RDU. Definitely liked the 0z much better for my area, but this would better match the euro.

Yep, this is taking a Dec 2009 look. Great for folks west of 85. Bummer for us, we get fringed again, but great to see a winter event event for so many.

Oh, well, it's November.  It probably won't work out, but maybe it will.  It's November, but it's only a few days from early December and NC has certainly had a major/historic winter storm in early December before (hint, hint - December 2002), so it's not that unprecedented in a way.

It can only go so far west, it's still a progressive pattern. I think we have seen the furthest westward extent.

Euro has been onto something since Friday night and hasn't dropped it yet. All other models continue to trend towards the solution that it is showing.  For MBY things look pretty good for accumulation.  06z GFS and 00z Euro are both nice shots of snow.  00z CMC is the outlier but has trended west the past 3 runs with the low.  This one is going to be fun in WNC I believe. 

Good morning everyone! Packbacker (or anyone else), do you have the Euro ensembles? Thanks!

What you want to know?  The Euro op tracks the SLP just inside HAT, the Euro ENS mean is about 50 miles east of HAT with really good agreement actually which looking at the individual runs.  There is a big cluster just about 25 miles east of HAT.  I think this tracks just over HAT or just a smidge east of HAT, IMO, which is where the 12z yesterday had it.  Now if the 12z Euro ticks west again then maybe I am wrong, but I would guess the Euro Op starts to windshield wipe over HAT the next couple of runs.

Archived