• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
T-day eve possible SE winter storm (11/26/14)

GaWx

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're all in then?

If this was mid-Dec or later I would be all in, throwing in the wife and kids too!  The Euro's 2m temps are usually warm at this range and it has us at 33-35F at the heart of the precip.  It's actually amazing it's that cold with the weak sliding HP, middle of the day and it's Nov 26th.  It seems like every winter storm at this range in Jan/Feb we are sweating a couple of degrees.  It would be nice if the storm slowed down a few hours, if the heart of the precip was from 21z to 0z it would make this more doable.   The 12z Euro SLP over HAT is almost a perfect track for what we want.  This is bringing back memories of the nightmare that was 12/19/09.

The 18z GEFS had 13 of 21 members with snow in central NC.  7 of the members were big winter storms.

Without a clear signal for a stout high pressure to the N or NW, *if* we get precip, it's a coin flip wrt type at this point. Already having fun tracking though, so that's good!

Oh, and isn't the EPS control basically the 51st member of the ensemble suite?

Hey, CR, just for kicks and giggles, what if it trends west, which it easily could, and we get a gulf low instead of an east coast low....and say, it's weak, and sags south so the disappeared lands, down south of I 20 in Ga. get all the goodies, and then it's out to sea.  Will the whole East Coast just implode and explode simultaneously?  Will there be a audible sound?  Lol.  Fun tracking, for sure!  T

This setup seems to me like many from recent years that favor areas from Rock Hill to Gaffney to Charlotte and points north and west will have the best shot. NC mountains and NWFS areas may be ok too, but western upstate and and eastern NEGA snow hole will be in full force. We will need a Miller A or perfectly placed ULL to get anything.

This setup seems to me like many from recent years that favor areas from Rock Hill to Gaffney to Charlotte and points north and west will have the best shot. NC mountains and NWFS areas may be ok too, but western upstate and and eastern NEGA snow hole will be in full force. We will need a Miller A or perfectly placed ULL to get anything.

So you are saying there is a chance for GSP???? I like it. 

Again, I don't think I've ever seen this area miss out on a legit winter storm due to BL temperatures alone (maybe so further east). If 850s and other critical areas look okay, I'll take my chances with surface temperatures.

I'm not in, but I'm gathering my chips. Caution has to be advised given we're threading a needle here.

Again, I don't think I've ever seen this area miss out on a legit winter storm due to BL temperatures alone (maybe so further east). If 850s and other critical areas look okay, I'll take my chances with surface temperatures.

I'm not in, but I'm gathering my chips. Caution has to be advised given we're threading a needle here.

I will say...for RDU the avg high on Wed is the same as the avg high on a March 1st.

It's trending west. Three things to look out for:

• A further trend northwest in the next few days
  • More precip on the western side
  • It could possibly disappear for a few runs due to noise thanks to the immediate storm

This is as far as the GFS goes, anyways. I've seen all three things happen too many times with these types of systems.

Hey guys its been awhile since ive posted. Hope everyone is well. Just got a chance to look at the 18z and 00Z setups. Looks like upstairs at 500 there is a worlds difference comparing it just at 81 on the 00Z vs the 87 at 18Z. Significant step in the right direction. Thermals can be ironed out for sure still but last year this was the timeframe major shifts started happening. The precip field is what looks awesome when comparing as there is a huge shift northwest. I may have just bought in for this one. Very interested to hear about the Euro tonight.

Hey guys its been awhile since ive posted. Hope everyone is well. Just got a chance to look at the 18z and 00Z setups. Looks like upstairs at 500 there is a worlds difference comparing it just at 81 on the 00Z vs the 87 at 18Z. Significant step in the right direction. Thermals can be ironed out for sure still but last year this was the timeframe major shifts started happening. The precip field is what looks awesome when comparing as there is a huge shift northwest. I may have just bought in for this one. Very interested to hear about the Euro tonight.

Good to see you again, Buddy. I haven't gotten too much into following each model run yet, but after tonight's euro (if it continues) I might have to start paying more attention.

Good to see you again, Buddy. I haven't gotten too much into following each model run yet, but after tonight's euro (if it continues) I might have to start paying more attention.

Hey man pleasure to be up to speed here once again. You definitely may want to check this one out for sure by tomorrow. The .25 line has now crept all the way back here after being paltry on the 18Z. Havent compared the 12Z however very very encouraging with the beginning phasing happening around the 81 hr mark.

Archived